Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am down to 9 shooters from Brazil - there was a mass exodus following the recent economic downturn. Also, many of my shooters from Thailand withdrew following the recent turmoil in that country. Unfortunately, with the loss of so many competitors from Brazil, it does not look I will have enough in Modified to recognize the division.

We will have a Standard Manual team from the USA, Brazil, Argentina & possibly Canada. We will have Open Teams from the USA & Brazil & a Standard Team from the USA. We will have a Ladies USA Standard Team.

I am willing to track "unofficial" teams: from non-Pan Am countries - or USA shooters who form a team (like the Texas Irregulars - they are often quite irregular in Texas ;) or Team Firebird, Team X-Rail, . . .)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun

Co-Match Director

Pat,

Kurt Miller, Dave Neth, Phil Strader, Dan Horner, Taran Butler, Carl Carbon, Ben Fortin, Rob Romero, Craig Underdown, to name a few top US guys are all shooting Standard Semi.

Last time I spoke to Kurt the teams are being finalised, but your standard semi shooters are there strong I understand :blink:

Edited by mike.45

Jesse, in the UK before IPSC classes for shotgun came in we all shot modified as long guns with long mags were the in thing, but since classes came about standard manual / semi and Open seems to be where the real competition is, a lot of European countries dont shoot Modified but some do and do really well at it.

I think you need to look at how many are entering Modified class and decide if it is a class that will test your ability against those who you want to test your ability against ! If that makes sense !

It makes absolutely no sense because of my utter lack of ability. I will sign up for Standard or whatever yous guys that shoot IPSC put a Benelli M2 with 9 at the start into.

Thanks for all of the help deciding everyone.

Pat,

Kurt Miller, Dave Neth, Phil Strader, Dan Horner, Taran Butler, Carl Carbon, Ben Fortin, Rob Romero, Craig Underdown, to name a few top US guys are all shooting Standard Semi.

Last time I spoke to Kurt the teams are being finalised, but your standard semi shooters are there strong I understand :blink:

Mike thanks I think you are the only one that has put me on a list, but don't forget Jermy Parker he has finally got a Benelli. I kind of like the team Rock Castle idea my self.

I was asking about modified division in regards to what is it really about? What mods to the European shooters or whomever it is that will be shooting the division do to their guns that requires them to shoot Modified rather than Open or Standard? Is their something Im missing or like my own gun is the use of the longer tube just compensating for other less than long things in my life.

Jesse

In a nutshell the differences for Modified versus Standard are:

• Ported barrels are allowed.
  • Compensators are allowed.
  • Levers and/or other devices can be fitted to elevators (floor plates) to facilitate easier loading. These can be external to the frame but some size restrictions apply. In Standard Division the only permitted devices are for Remington 1100/1187 as a replacement for the carrier release button, e.g. the Eezi-loader.
  • Capacity. Subject to an overall length restriction the gun can be loaded to capacity, typically 14/15 rounds. This suits those competitors who don't want to load quite as much. From memory from the 2006 Europeans Standard Division required 56% of the match rounds to be loaded on the clock. For Modified this figure dropped to around 34%.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Neil Beverley

I'm shooting Modified. Just got my barrel ported. What a waste of money.

If you cover the ports to render them ineffective you can change to Standard Division. This may help as this match is struggling for numbers in Modified Division and gives you the option to transfer.

A metal wrap or strong tape may be accepted. It's effectively been done before. It will be best to check with the RM, Myro Lopez, just to confirm any special requirements from him.

Linda

would it be possible to have a team Rock Castle? Mike was telling me about some really good DARK CHOCOLATE that he just loves from across the pond, and I beat we could work out a really good coffee deal up at Rock Castle. :surprise: and we won't tell anyone about it.

Linda is sending out confirmations with schedules and all that good stuff and mine just arrived overnight. As they say in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, "you have to enter to win" so get those entries in the mail shooters.

Linda

would it be possible to have a team Rock Castle? Mike was telling me about some really good DARK CHOCOLATE that he just loves from across the pond, and I beat we could work out a really good coffee deal up at Rock Castle. :surprise: and we won't tell anyone about it.

You will need at least one more shooter in the same division.

The unofficial teams must have at least 3 (but up to 4) members. Only the top 3 scores count on a team: having four competitors gives you a chance to drop the lowest score. All team members must be shooting in the same division. I have already had interest from Germany and Italy about "unofficial teams."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

Pat,

Mike thanks I think you are the only one that has put me on a list, but don't forget Jermy Parker he has finally got a Benelli. I kind of like the team Rock Castle idea my self.

About time too... Funny how it had to come down to his wife getting fedup with his other gun and finally "forcing" him to get a Benelli :)

Oh, and dont forget Chris S, he's also pretty darn good with a shotgun...

Edited by gose

if you get squaded with lazier people than you then you have to do all the work, or if people get squaded with you then they have to do all the work :roflol:

Jess, i think you can make a request to Linda, and provided its not too late or unreasonable then it probably can happen.

Trapr

Keep in mind that a BIG reason to sign up for this match is you do not have to set targets!

In no way do I want to minimize the contribution that the 4H Clubs of Kentucky will provide to the match, but I am hoping the BIG reason to come shoot this match will be the outstanding shotgun challenge and the high level of competition. I am including a comment that Neil Beverly from England posted on the IPSC Global Village forum on April 30th:

Actually I just finished [approving] the final stage (of 30) only a few minutes ago.

This is not a match for the faint hearted. Grown men will cry. I can see it sapping energy from one and all.

In truth, if it ends up on the ground as well as it looks it might, then it will be one hell of a match. I can't wait!

For those who are unaware, Neil is the IPSC Shotgun Rules Committee Chairman & the IPSC Shotgun Course Review Chairman. In that role, he has had a hand in the approval of the courses of fire for all the Level 3 and Level 4 shotgun matches held world wide. As part of my reply, I wrote "I cannot tell you how pleased I am with the compliments from Neil Beverley, who has certainly seen a lot of shotgun stages in his time with IPSC."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

Edited by LChico

The GA crowd (Team Noveske, myself, Joe and Katie Harris) are looking at putting on a Pan-Am warm-up match on Saturday the 24th of July. Probably at Creekside Firing range in Bartow county, Georgia. Six or eight stages, one day. Small entry fee, no prizes. Any interest?

Is Federal Flight Control Buck Shot going to be allowed? I know Neil Beverly wants to ban it in IPSC Europe. KurtM

I'm a little confused: why would one brand of buck shot not be allowed?

And I've seen a few references to chrono? How is that going to work? When I load up for a match I bring 4 or 5 different loads of ammo, in shot, buck, and slugs.

Is this match going to be some kind of technical nightmare or is it going to be about shooting targets and getting hits?