Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

Does anybody know if there are still open slots for the match?

Last I heard there were some available, sign up ASAP, should be a great match.

Doug

I think that is Al....I would hope that you are going to be at the match...go to www.panamericanshotgun.org and get singed up!

Larry

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are slots available to this match. Go to the web site and complete your match application and send it in. Linda will take care of getting you entered into the match. This is a great facility and 30 stages which may very well be a once in a lifetime opportunity. IPSC Shotgun rules are easy to understand and the equipment rules give something for everyone. Do not be sorry in September that you missed the best match to be held in the US in this century!

If you prefer to order Sellier & Bellot brand ammunition, rather than the ammunition currently listed, please check back in about a week. We have an agreement in place with S&B, but they have not provided the specific ammunition and prices yet. We hope to add that soon. In fact, if you have a favorite shotshell or slug you want included, I suggest that you contact S&B to request that they include it in the offerings for the match.

We are in also in contact with Fiocchi, and hope to add their ammunition in the next 2 weeks.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship

Any updates on Fiocchi ammo? I don't see it listed on the match ammo site.

And I am at the NRA Annual Members meeting lining up additional sponsorship for the Pan Am.

The enthusiasm is great. Will post details once I am home & on my own internet service.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

And I am at the NRA Annual Members meeting lining up additional sponsorship for the Pan Am.

The enthusiasm is great. Will post details once I am home & on my own internet service.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Linda will there be a trade /retail area during the event ? lots of us non Americans will have cash to burn on gun related products - well those that have traveled with out our wives !

Keep up the good work,

David.

Edited by gunfighteruk

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Linda will there be a trade /retail area during the event ? lots of us non Americans will have cash to burn on gun related products - well those that have traveled with out our wives !

Keep up the good work,

David.

It is late and the first time I read this I thought he was looking to see if we had a wife trading area and my thought was "this IPSC stuff sure is different!" :roflol:

Edited by Charles Bond

CPWSA will be set up as a vendor at the match. Stop by and say hello.

I could only shoot this match or RM3G and I have already signed up for RM3Gun but I may be cancelling on RM3G due to the wife changing vacation plans. If I were to send in my application for this match what is the refund policy if I can't attend? The last thing I want to do is miss both matches!

Edited by jtischauser

I could only shoot this match or RM3G and I have already signed up for RM3Gun but I may be cancelling on RM3G due to the wife changing vacation plans. If I were to send in my application for this match what is the refund policy if I can't attend? The last thing I want to do is miss both matches!

I do not know the refund policy but I am certain Linda can and will answer that for you.

The RM3G is a great match. But the real difference is that there will be another RM3G in 2011, 2012, etc. The ability to shoot the Pan Am in the US will likely not present itself for another 20 years.

I hope to see you at the Pan Am.

Charles

Hey folks just a reminder to order you match ammunition for the 2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship prior to June 15. This date is the deadline. Reminder that there will be a test fire area there for your use.

Larry

Co-Match Director

2010 Pan American Shotgun

Updates to match website:

http://www.panamericanshotgun.org/MainMatch.html

Rounds count & breakdown of stage types per zone now posted

Preliminary list of competitors also posted

There are a few rooms available at Park Mammoth Resort (the hotel on the property of the Rockcastle Shooting Center). Pre-tax cost of a room is $99.

In addition, there are still rooms at the Best Western ($ 97 including tax) in Bowling Green. This is a really nice hotel where I would be happy to stay anytime. Please note that during July the best rates available in Cave City (12 miles closer to the event) were starting at $130 (not including all taxes). It is the peak tourist season for nearby Mammoth Cave Park.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

Edited by LChico

I have had a number of shooters tell me that $350 is very expensive for this match. I think most shooters are comparing the costs to that of the last major match they shot. Since the match will have 30 stages and 350 rounds over 4 days, the cost breaks down to a little over $11.60 per stage. We have been working really hard to keep the costs down.

I still have to finalize a few contracts, but the plan is for the match to cover the cost of lunch and dinner for everyone - all IROA, all staff & all shooters. Daily lunch & dinner each night will be provided by one of our generous sponsors. So far, FNH USA, the National Sports Shooting Foundation (NSSF), Brownells, and Sabre Defense are helping to sponsor meals & I am awaiting a few more signed contracts to announce the remaining sponsors.

I am not sure how much you normally spend for meals at a major match, but at a very conservative $30 to $40 per day, this saves the average shooter $150 to $200 during the match. The idea is to allow shooters to gather over a meal and a few drinks (oh, yeah, the complimentary beer or Makers Mark) - like the German concept of Stammtisch. Menus will be posted in advance, so if you prefer to skip the say "Brownells Lasagna & Spaghetti dinner" and drive into town for a steak, you are free to do so. The plan was that once you were on site, I only want you to open your wallet to purchase fun things from vendors or snacks. The savings on food & drink should put the cost of this match in the same range as most USPSA Area Pistol Championships.

In addition to saving the shooters money, I like the idea of the shooters sitting around the table, talking about the good and bad parts of their day; telling tall tales, crying in their beer or talking trash. I think after a long day on the range, the friendships we build during the "down time" are as important as the shooting.

We still have a number of slots for this match. Please see the match website: www.panamericanshotgun.org

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Edited by LChico

The savings on food & drink should put the cost of this match in the same range as most USPSA Area Pistol Championships.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

Actually Linda your match is cheaper and how much cheaper depends on how much one drinks. With the motel rooms about a third less than what we pay for rooms at the area 6 match, the Pan Am is going to be cheaper for me than attending my own area match.

And if I could chime in on something else. The food that they are going to serve at the match is worth the drive. After 2 years of shooting the Blue Ridge match at this venue, the only thing better than their food is their hospitality.

Just wanted to add that if you still don't know where to stay-Cave City is really close and has Masters Inn, Econo Lodge, and at least one more I can't remember that are really good and not really expensive. There is Cracker Barrel there as well. Glasgow-10miles down the road from Cave City has Walmart, a movie theatre, and a car wash.

Just wanted to add that if you still don't know where to stay-Cave City is really close and has Masters Inn, Econo Lodge, and at least one more I can't remember that are really good and not really expensive. There is Cracker Barrel there as well. Glasgow-10miles down the road from Cave City has Walmart, a movie theatre, and a car wash.

More importantly it has a go cart track!