Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1320mm max length. approximately 52" . Ports and Compensators permitted. Seems like a division for high tech or countries with size restrictions. Go for it! I have never understood Modified Division.

Mike, Jessie is a girl's name, i know you are still distraught about having to DQ Jessie but come on!!!!!!!

Jesse is the male spelling and since I know Jesse,.......................Oh wait you may be right after all????? :roflol::devil:

see you soon buddy, btw, we were busy all night the other night so I couldn't call you.

trapr

OK my bad, sorry to Jessie and Jesse, (especially Jessie :wub: )sounds the same in Englandish, dont mean to say Jesse is a girl but judging by what Kurt said..... OK only joking...... :rolleyes:

Modified is still an OK class even if you have a chick sounding name !

Edited by mike.45

Will they release any of the stages before hand? Im mainly after longest shot with slug and buckshot

Know your patterns from 5 yards to 85 yards......just saying! Oh yea don't forget elevation changes :)

Larry

If you are a Canadian shooter and reading this and you want to shoot this match with a Benelli semiauto shotgun, enter the match and contact me. I have a M-1 with a pistol grip and I have an M-2 with a conventional grip that I will be glad to bring to the match for your use free of charge. While I only have two extra shotguns available, I bet there are other shooters in the US who would do the same thing.

Just read this post and I had to comment...............

This IS IPSC in a nutshell....my hat is off to you sir.

That said I will be shooting Std Manual with my 590A1 as that is what I am familiar with.......actually I think my entire squad (all EESA club members and IPSC Ontario members) shoot 590A1s

If you are a Canadian shooter and reading this and you want to shoot this match with a Benelli semiauto shotgun, enter the match and contact me. I have a M-1 with a pistol grip and I have an M-2 with a conventional grip that I will be glad to bring to the match for your use free of charge. While I only have two extra shotguns available, I bet there are other shooters in the US who would do the same thing.

Just read this post and I had to comment...............

This IS IPSC in a nutshell....my hat is off to you sir.

That said I will be shooting Std Manual with my 590A1 as that is what I am familiar with.......actually I think my entire squad (all EESA club members and IPSC Ontario members) shoot 590A1s

Thanks. Having now reviewed my post I did not intend to make this offer only to the shooters from Canada. If you are from Aruba or anywhere else and have sat on the fence too long to import your gun for the match, send me an IM and send your entry to Linda and I will make my spare available. It is also my understanding the match has some loaner FNs so you have a choice.

well it definitely kicks you out of the sensible crowd!!!!! :roflol:

Trapr

If you think that offends me think again. I will tell you what driving an MG does for you: it guarantees that never again will you ever drive by someone broken down on the side of the road no matter the circumstances.

Charles I do not intend to offend, so please take my comments as poking fun, but does your comment about not driving past someone broken down, mean that you can't drive an MG that far or that you are now sympathetic to broken down motorists???

i had a very good friend that owned one when i was in the military and it was an adventure everyday I rode to work with him. i recall my SGT. completely understanding my excuse as to why I was late for work one day, when I simply said, I rode to work this morning with Adam.

trapr

Charles I do not intend to offend, so please take my comments as poking fun, but does your comment about not driving past someone broken down, mean that you can't drive an MG that far or that you are now sympathetic to broken down motorists???

i had a very good friend that owned one when i was in the military and it was an adventure everyday I rode to work with him. i recall my SGT. completely understanding my excuse as to why I was late for work one day, when I simply said, I rode to work this morning with Adam.

trapr

Trapr:

Let me put it this way, for every broken down MG story you can tell, I really think I can top it. I had one in law school that I used to take 9 hour trips in and I have an intimate knowledge of all of the mile markers between Macon, GA and Independence, Virginia. I used to have to keep my clothing and personal items in the car since the trunk was devoted to tools, shop manuals and spare parts.

On the other hand the new one actually made it all the way from being driven from Montana to Georgia but even so, I have no plans to take it out of town again. My goal is to make all the electrical stuff work but I am content for the horn to only work when the light switch is on. :)

OK my bad, sorry to Jessie and Jesse, (especially Jessie :wub: )sounds the same in Englandish, dont mean to say Jesse is a girl but judging by what Kurt said..... OK only joking...... :rolleyes:

Modified is still an OK class even if you have a chick sounding name !

Ha, Ha funny guys! Jessie IS short for Jessica. Jesse is bada$$ name like as in Jesse James the rugged gunslinger cowboy or the cool bike builder that was married to Sandra Bulock and still "dated" scanky tattooed chicks;)

I was asking about modified division in regards to what is it really about? What mods to the European shooters or whomever it is that will be shooting the division do to their guns that requires them to shoot Modified rather than Open or Standard? Is their something Im missing or like my own gun is the use of the longer tube just compensating for other less than long things in my life.

Edited by jtischauser

your shotgun would meet the requirements of modified provided it is within the OAL requirments of the division, which means you need to read the rules (appendix)for modified division in the IPSC SG rulebook and then measure your SG to see if you need a shorter tube or a shorter buttstock so that it meets the requirements.

Trapr

Jesse, in the UK before IPSC classes for shotgun came in we all shot modified as long guns with long mags were the in thing, but since classes came about standard manual / semi and Open seems to be where the real competition is, a lot of European countries dont shoot Modified but some do and do really well at it.

I think you need to look at how many are entering Modified class and decide if it is a class that will test your ability against those who you want to test your ability against ! If that makes sense !

A quick check of the competitor list revels that THE MATCH for the Americas (Hence Pan-AM)

rests HEAVILY within the Standard Manual (pump) division!!!

Counted 15 shooters in Manual Standard. 4 from the USA (all on the team) and 11 others from with the America's

6 Additional Europeans round our division to 21.

I saw no competitors from >THE AMERICA'S< other than the USA shooting in Standard (self-loading) division.

Brits, hell yes and a couple of other Euros but that is it!!!

Modified has a couple as does Open.

GO TEAM USA MANUAL STANDARD!!!

Go check it out and see if I read it right.

Patrick

edit to make clear that I know we have many, many USA Standard division shooters.

Edited by P.E. Kelley