Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being B in limited with a 54% score.

vrmn1

I wish!! :rolleyes:

For my initial classification I had five scores.

The 33.1870 was not counted so that give me a 65% B.

Then they run the numbers this time the 33.1870 was figured in as well as a 32.7726.

My # is A57011.

The other score I have that didn't get counted for some reason is a 56. something %.

Edited by vrmn1

Yep the 71 killed me. It was the 5th classifier I shot. I shot it and it kicked the 33% out of the first 4.

I know you are not wanting to be a sandbagger. B Limited is the place to be, the Bermuda triangle of shooting where shooters go in and sometimes never heard from again. Not my quote, but sticks in my mind every time I go to a match. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have no problem being a sandbagger if I knew how. :ph34r:

Really I know this is just one of the screwy quirks about our classification system but it kinda sucks when you're on this end of it.

Oh well, reckon I just have to get better.

I feel your pain. B class Production, but for whatever reason, I've been shooting like crap. Lack of trust /confidence and I don't know why.

Over the last year I've watched my classification fall from 68 to 60.1....with grave fears of hitting a sucky classifier that drops me below the B line.

I refuse to request a reclassification because, by God, I did earn that B, and I did suck enough to drop far down, and the onus is on me to fix it.

This, too, shall pass.

Edited by vluc

I got bumped to B class for getting 2nd C @ A4 so now i am a b shooter with a 57% been trying to do better on classifiers but just doesn't seem to be happening but thats ok just will make one try harder!

Edited by newshooter

Yuk Yuk giggle giggle :lol:

I got bumped to B after the N.M. sectional got ( 2nd c)

Found out about it the day before the Mile high show down in CO....where I took 6th in B open.

Just look at it as a wakeup call to pour on a little more GO GETUM.

B is a BIG pond..and FULL of pirhanas....so we both better stop treading water and start SWIMMIN :cheers:

Congrats on B class!!!

Jim :D

Yuk Yuk giggle giggle :lol:

I got bumped to B after the N.M. sectional got ( 2nd c)

Found out about it the day before the Mile high show down in CO....where I took 6th in B open.

Just look at it as a wakeup call to pour on a little more GO GETUM.

B is a BIG pond..and FULL of pirhanas....so we both better stop treading water and start SWIMMIN :cheers:

Congrats on B class!!!

Jim :D

you and me both jim! i just wish i would have known about the NM to CO bump up a day or two before the CO match, instead of at morning registration.

Funny this thread came up now. My B limited card arrived yesterday.

Newshooter, don't worry about shooting classifiers better.....just shoot better matches.

For me, practice will remain the same.....first two stages each and every match! :cheers:

Congrats on the B card, that rigorous practice routine paid off! :cheers::cheers:

Personally, I think that points thing is overated, Speed is where it's at!

I've come to the conclusion that those intrepid individuals who established the percentages for the various USPSA classifications not only were wise beyond their years, but were also Evil in the extreme. They might have even envisioned a special place set aside in Hell for B class shooters. :devil:

They have devilishly categorized a group of shooters who are able to reach that level with *some* effort and a lot of "target focus" into a place that requires and rewards additional effort, but also penalizes for complacency. Read that as, "Easy to get in, but damned hard to get out".

I've tried time and time again to find fault with their calculations, but I keep shooting my classification at major matches. I guess when I'm truly ready to progress from B to A, I'll have to work for it like everyone else who made the jump.

Bastards....

Well I will be back to be next time by golly.

Maybe this thread should be moved to things I like now.

I shot a 67 tonight and with the 54 that didn't get counted this time will put me back up in to the 60's. :D

I've come to the conclusion that those intrepid individuals who established the percentages for the various USPSA classifications not only were wise beyond their years, but were also Evil in the extreme. They might have even envisioned a special place set aside in Hell for B class shooters. :devil:

They have devilishly categorized a group of shooters who are able to reach that level with *some* effort and a lot of "target focus" into a place that requires and rewards additional effort, but also penalizes for complacency. Read that as, "Easy to get in, but damned hard to get out".

I've tried time and time again to find fault with their calculations, but I keep shooting my classification at major matches. I guess when I'm truly ready to progress from B to A, I'll have to work for it like everyone else who made the jump.

Bastards....

+1

I hate it when people use +1 but it is proper here. Very well said my friend very well said. :cheers:

Edited by vrmn1