Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you could only have 1 hand gun for sport and self defense

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you nuts, first what 2 when the fecies hits the fan, now one.

What kind of sick twisted game is being played?

:goof::lol::goof::lol: Who? Me? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I'm just curious about what people think is most important in an all around hand gun. This isn't a sh*& hits the fan thread.

If you need 10 guns or a 1000 or more and you can afford them have at it. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Flame on.

Since we've decided that it's not a "when the sh*t hits the fan" gun, but just one to use for everything from work to play I'd go with a Glock 35 (which I don't own yet). If it was a "sh*t hit the fan" choice then I'd most likely go with my Glock 21, which I already own. Either way, if I can only have one gun it will almost always be a Glock or a revolver.

-Cuz.

I'd get me a Hi-Point in "four-dee-fiiivvee" :

hipoint.jpg

Cuz if I ran out of ammo, I could always bludgeon someone with it.

Here's their website if any of you'all are interested:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns.asp

:unsure:

LOL!

:surprise: Boy that is the ugliest gun I have ever seen. Looks like some kind of ray gun from a bad scifi movie :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Heee Heee HEeeee

Edited by shadetree

STI Edge 40SW, or my carry gun, a 1911 commander, .45 apc. Know them inside and out and how they will shoot. :cheers:

Those were my basic requirements when I thought about this. The other was my ability to conceal the weapon. No matter what kind of use you have for your hand gun the most important atributes are always reliability, accuracy and reliability. :cheers:

Edited by shadetree

Glock 22. Three divisions of USPSA, and small enough to carry comfortably.

At first I though G17, but I agree - the G22 would be a better all around gun. Both the G17 and G22 are a tad on the large side for CCW, but I could live with it.

I'd probably stick with my tried and true S&W 610. I can shoot 40's to keep it cheap or I can load up some hot 10 mm's to get it up to near 41 magnum performance if I needed to use it for hunting. In the past I might have said something else, but these days I really don't have a favorite above that one.

No matter what kind of use you have for your hand gun the most important atributes are always reliability, accuracy and reliability. :cheers:

Thats why my choice is HK P7 M13.I hope I don't jinx myself but I've never had a gun related failure yet.Knock on wood (Rapping knuckles on forhead)

I'd get me a Hi-Point in "four-dee-fiiivvee" :

hipoint.jpg

Cuz if I ran out of ammo, I could always bludgeon someone with it.

Here's their website if any of you'all are interested:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns.asp

:unsure:

LOL!

:surprise: Boy that is the ugliest gun I have ever seen. Looks like some kind of ray gun from a bad scifi movie :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Heee Heee HEeeee

But, but, it's got a compensator and extended magazine - its obviously the "IPSC Open" model! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

When I only had one for both it was my "mall ninja supremo" SV with light rail, bushing barrel, heinie's and a whole mess a-high caps.

One kydex holster for open carry or range work, one leather IWB for concealed. Runs great on factory or long and since I shot it roughly 35k that year, I was fairly well aquainted with it.