Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduce reloading hours on a Super 1050

I'd get the 100 first because you'll be surprised at how fast it is and if you have 10 tubes or so there's no down time at all when you're loading. Then for sure get the KISS.

Gary

Edited by get2now

Just wondering if anybody has come up with a way to mount the RL100 on the press so you dont have to fill the tubes. Just dump them in the hopper and keep loading. I saw a similar set up while I was looking for an automated machine on the internet yesterday.

post-397-1188594765.jpg

Just wondering if anybody has come up with a way to mount the RL100 on the press so you dont have to fill the tubes. Just dump them in the hopper and keep loading. I saw a similar set up while I was looking for an automated machine on the internet yesterday.

Now that would be an awesome setup.

Give me a week or two and I'll see what I can do. Not having the two connected has irked me for years.

FWIW, the RF-100 doesn't fill dozens of tubes, it fills exactly one. While you use the previous tube full in the press. Even with a KISS on a 1050 you've gotta really be cranking to beat 50 or 60 loaded rounds before the RF primer tube is full.

It would be cool to have one direct-feeding the priming system.

I'd hate to do without either, but I'd probably go for the KISS first.

Why are you not going for the GSI bulletfeeder? It's american too. I have one now and the unit works 100%. The KISS looks like a sewer pipe system.

Why are you not going for the GSI bulletfeeder? It's american too. I have one now and the unit works 100%. The KISS looks like a sewer pipe system.

It is, but it worked from day 1.

Glad to hear that GSI is now working.

At the time (and may still), the GSI was A- much more expensive, B- not available for the 1050 and C- was rumored to be finicky. I've never used one myself.

KISS is selling a bracket now so you can remove the 'sewer pipe' stand, should you so desire for esthetic reasons.

I saw a Camdex loader with a primer feed system. It looked something like the pick Chuck posted. It had a bowl like the rf-100 but was larger. I watched the owner walk up to the machine with a mayo jar full of primers and just pour them in.

The pick is from a Camdex 2100 series. Looks cool.

@ Eric W: how is your project going along?

Edited by Ameiza

I watched the owner walk up to the machine with a mayo jar full of primers and just pour them in.

Not the safest way to keep primers stored. I read somewhere, (possibly a reloading manual?) where someone who dropped a similar sized container full of primers and was either kiled or seriously injured.........assuming it was a true story, but I can see that being the result.

I was shocked to hear the Vibra Prime tools being dropped as well. I'm glad I got an extra one!!!

Edited by Sheldon