Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Production/Revo/Limited Nats

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't like shooting weakhand? If WHO is required in the WSB, isn't it supposed to be the last shooting position? At a minimum you would only have to engage 3 targets WHO. They might change it later?

The whole thing about only shoot WHO at the end of the stage was if the goal was to indicate that your strong hand had become incapacitated.

There is no indication here that this is the goal with this stage.

The stage is valid and does not violate the USPSA/IPSC stage guidelines.

.....If WHO is required in the WSB, isn't it supposed to be the last shooting position?.....

Rule 1.1.5.3 would indicate that requirement only for classifiers and standard exercises. Other than that, I see no mention of switching back and forth.

FWIW

dj

What about...

8.2.4 A course of fire must never require the competitor to draw a handgun from the holster with the weak hand.

Since gun is on the table, this rule wouldn't apply?

You are correct. The table is not a holster. :D

What about...

8.2.4 A course of fire must never require the competitor to draw a handgun from the holster with the weak hand.

Since gun is on the table, this rule wouldn't apply?

A weak hand draw from a holster requires reaching across your body to a holster that may be as far back as midline of your body. Definitely unsafe.

A table start can be done with two hands, particularly in this stage before picking up the "luggage" No safety problem.

But the basic answer would be that 8.2.4 specifies "holster" and is there to address that single problem.

JMHO,, FWIW

dj

Actually, since I know the stage designer personally.. I can see that some of our local curmudgeon has rubbed off on him. At the Hotshots range, at least one match every month or two we are usually required to do some sort of weak hand - long range (over 20 yards) through a port, 8" steel plates, standing on your head (ok I'm kind of exaggerating) finish.. Easy solution.. just practice some weak handed shooting :)

Edited by sargenv

Ok, I have a question, maybe a stupid one but it says "pick up the briefcase with your strong hand, retrieve your gun". Do you have to do it in that order? If so, you almost have to pick up the gun with just your weak hand. Maybe that is nitpicky but picking the gun up with just one hand & the weak one at that seems kind of strange. If you can "retrieve your gun, pick up the briefcase with your strong hand" maybe the WSB should say it in that order. Or should we just assume it isn't in any particular order? Thanks for any replies. MLM

We aren't making you pick it up with any particular hand. You just have to carry the briefcase in your strong hand; you can retrieve the gun any way you want to.

Troy

Hmmmm. Doesn't say how many fingers you have to have on the handle, only that you have to carry it by the handle with the strong hand. I can pack a lot on a pinky.

This one WILL be at my local club match in September!

Don't read things that are not there. It never says you have to shoot WHO or shoot at all with the case in your hand. It says :

There will be a per-shot penalty for each shot fired if briefcase is not held normally

by the handle, in luggage carry fashion, in the strong hand, for any targets engaged

while carrying the briefcase.

You can pickup the case, put it down on the second table then shoot the stage with your strong hand if you fear the WHO so much.

Read what is there.

Ok, I have a question, maybe a stupid one but it says "pick up the briefcase with your strong hand, retrieve your gun". Do you have to do it in that order? If so, you almost have to pick up the gun with just your weak hand. Maybe that is nitpicky but picking the gun up with just one hand & the weak one at that seems kind of strange. If you can "retrieve your gun, pick up the briefcase with your strong hand" maybe the WSB should say it in that order. Or should we just assume it isn't in any particular order? Thanks for any replies. MLM

It won't be specified in any order; the stage diagrams are not the WSB for the stage, so don't make too much of that. It does say that it must be carried in "normal luggage carry fashion", or words to that effect, so the "pinky" thing probaby isn't going to cut it, unless you normally carry your briefcase/suitcase/whatever with your pinky and out in front of you with your other hand nearby. :huh:

Bottom line, take a look at the stage diagram and don't read too much into it.

Troy

It won't be specified in any order; the stage diagrams are not the WSB for the stage, so don't make too much of that. It does say that it must be carried in "normal luggage carry fashion", or words to that effect, so the "pinky" thing probaby isn't going to cut it, unless you normally carry your briefcase/suitcase/whatever with your pinky and out in front of you with your other hand nearby. :huh:

But that's how I "normally" carry the briefcase/suitcase/whatever when engaging bad guys with my gun. :rolleyes:

But that's how I "normally" carry the briefcase/suitcase/whatever when engaging bad guys with my gun. :rolleyes:

And I just gotta ask ---- how often has that happened in real life? :lol: :lol:

Looks nice and legal to me.

The gamer way to shoot it would be to dump off the briefcase before firing the first shot. Then shoot the stage from from front to back.

Hard to tell on paper though. Maybe the distance between the tables will make that a loser. Maybe the targets that are at the front of the stage will be open/close enough that shooting them weak hand will be better...

Real life - now that's a good question. What is real? Are you actually living a real life or are your dreams the real life and what you think is real is actually a dream? :surprise:

Well technically, I would have dropped the damn briefcase or never picked it up in the first place. But since this stage is simulating a drug deal gone bad (why else would you bother to pick up a briefcase and shoot 8 people?) that would be my normal shooting and carrying a briefcase position. :devil:

Edited by racerba

Real life - now that's a good question. What is real? Are you actually living a real life or are your dreams the real life and what you think is real is actually a dream? :surprise:

It's official --- you've seen The Matrix more times than recommended by mental health professionals everywhere. Please hand it over.....

It's official --- you've seen The Matrix more times than recommended by mental health professionals everywhere. Please hand it over.....

You'll never get my precious. my precious.

Well technically, I would have dropped the damn briefcase or never picked it up in the first place. :devil:

That's what I'm thinkin'.