Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon

m118sb

I have always heard of nothing but great things about Dillon's customer service and the "no BS" guarantee. Maybe my idea of good service differs greatly from everyone else or I'm just calling them on bad days or something. Just picked up a used 1050 and called to work out some issues it was having. Yes, I did read through the manual about a dozen times and tried everything it recommended at least twice. There are only so many ways to explain that cases are not dropping into the case plunger. But, that's what I had to do on the phone. The second time I called was to order/make sure I had everything I needed to go from small primers to large primers. The absolute, very first answer I got was, "It's all on the site. You can order it there." I don't need someone to hold my hand, all I wanted was a simple answer to my questions. The 1050 is a helluva lot more machine than the Loadmaster I had been using and even the owner's manual leaves out alot of info, in my humble opinion of course.

Did I eventually get my questions answered and the correct parts ordered? Yes. Does the machine do what it is supposed to do? You bet, it's a reloading juggernaut if ever there was one, just wait until I get one of those nifty bullet feeders! I wish I would have bought one years ago, price tag be damned! However, in my experience, their reputation for service is over rated. Has anyone else had a similar issue or was I just born under a bad sign?!

It must be the sign you were born under. :surprise:

No,just kidding. Although I have always had nothing but good luck and service with Dillon, I suspect they are not at the top of thier game all day, every day.

I hope your experience improves.

FWIW

dj

I have always heard of nothing but great things about Dillon's customer service and the "no BS" guarantee. Maybe my idea of good service differs greatly from everyone else or I'm just calling them on bad days or something. Just picked up a used 1050 and called to work out some issues it was having. Yes, I did read through the manual about a dozen times and tried everything it recommended at least twice. There are only so many ways to explain that cases are not dropping into the case plunger. But, that's what I had to do on the phone. The second time I called was to order/make sure I had everything I needed to go from small primers to large primers. The absolute, very first answer I got was, "It's all on the site. You can order it there." I don't need someone to hold my hand, all I wanted was a simple answer to my questions. The 1050 is a helluva lot more machine than the Loadmaster I had been using and even the owner's manual leaves out alot of info, in my humble opinion of course.

Did I eventually get my questions answered and the correct parts ordered? Yes. Does the machine do what it is supposed to do? You bet, it's a reloading juggernaut if ever there was one, just wait until I get one of those nifty bullet feeders! I wish I would have bought one years ago, price tag be damned! However, in my experience, their reputation for service is over rated. Has anyone else had a similar issue or was I just born under a bad sign?!

I just spoke with a guy there and we had some issues with terminology... it wasn't that he wasn't helpful, but we had to find some way to talk to one another. It seems doohickey... isn't the proper wording for the part I wanted. :)

I have purchaced (2) XL650's over the past 4 years. My first unit with in 2 weeks I broke the primer station, I didnt even get the words out of my mouth over the phone and the guy at Dillion (I Believe) had the entire new primer station replacement in the mail already. I have had other calls were they have seemed to want to move you along but I have always had professional and curtious support and service.

Mr. m118sb I've had very similar issues with Dillon over the years. Most people don't post anything other than "Dillon is great" here on this forum.

FY42385

Isn't that all we're allowed to post about vendors here?

Not that I necessarily disagree with the policy because there are two sides to every story and there are those of us, myself included, who need repair, etc. because of our own stupidity and posting can be very one sided...

FWIW, I've had good experiences and bad with Dillon over the years but the vast majority have been positive.

Hello: It depends on the guy you get on the phone. The last guy I talked to was not that helpful and treated me very sharply. Before that the customer service has been great. I just think everyone has a bad day once in a while. Dillon has treated me great and I will still use there products. Thanks, Eric

I apologize for the lapse in service you received. While everyone here has been through a lengthy and extensive training program, some csr's retain knowledge better than others, and some have more experience than others. We are all guilty of trying to solve problems in as short of time as possible

for our customers, as your time is better spent reloading than twisting bolts. If you can send me a private message letting me know whom you dealt with,

then I can arrange for some refresher training.

In our defense, some customers do have better communicative and mechanical skills than others, as our customers are just as human as we are. :ph34r:

Edited by dillon

One thing that might need mentioning is that you cannot use the 100% no BS guarantee and 1050 in the same breath. I personally own 550, 650 & 1050 presses and the 1050 in not covered by the same warranty as the other two, and I understand that. I have called a few times over the past 15 years (with 550 or 650 problems) and always received service beyond what I expected with free parts mailed without question, etc.. I can bet that I would not be treated the same if I were calling about my 1050, but I knew that when I purchased it.

I have had similiar experiences with Dillon CS but as has already been stated, you won't hear that on here.

. . . other than we're hearing it from you and others, in this thread. I don't think there is some sort of Dillon cabal that is trying to sell the brand, rather there is a general theme on Brian's board to not slag a company/vendor publicly, because he doesn't want to hurt their business or be involved in someone doing the same.

Frankly, I'm glad of it. I can get all the negative reviews of anything I want elsewhere on the internet, there's no short supply of passive-agressive forums.

H.

IMO

Until you hear the manner in which a question is asked and the tone of voice used to ask - or answer - the question ... it is hard know what kind of response would be correct.

Courtesy goes both ways. If either party is lacking it makes it much more difficult to keep everything on track and civil......

I am new both to Dillon and this Forum but I am far from new to Customer Service. For 42 years before retiring I have been employed in fields where Customer Service is central to the company's success. For Dillon, I chose to use a middleman that came highly recommended across the net, Brian Enos. He made my Dillon purchase very pleasant. Also very helpful in avoiding the type of issues that often trigger calls to Customer Service.

All to often, one unfairly judges a Company's Customer service because of their attitude at the time. If a problem exists it is easy to become loud, demanding, and sometimes rude. It is then often met by short replies and an end to the call. It isn't necessarily the desired result but in the heat of the moment it happens. I wouldn't give up on Dillon Customer Service on the basis of one call. It is possible that both parties had a bad day. Their reputation wasn't earned in a day nor will it die based on one call/experience.

It wasn't my intention to "bash" or sling mud in anyway and I realize when addressing a concern such as this it is easy to make that connection. My question was more leaning towards if my expectation was too high. As for my patience and courtesy, I'm just a disabled vet that has seen too much messed up stuff in this world to get angry or short with someone over something that in the end is so trivial. I couldn't even tell you who it was I talked to on either occasion. It doesn't matter. They do put out one helluva machine though. Both experiences combined haven't deterred me from further business or even from recommending their products to anyone that asks. So before we get the stink eye from the boss for maybe violating forum ethics it might be best to let this one fall of the board.

Things that make make you say "humm". IMHO if you get a raw deal on a bad product then you have something to b%tch about. If I m not reaching someone I ask for someone esle. This ain't a date, you can switch up any time you want. I meet folks every day I can't talk to and THATS IN PERSON. Now I guess I have been just lucky the last 25 years with Dillon. If they went back and did the math I bet they find they lost money on me, by way of toll free calls for parts or problems.

Now I will relate this little story about Dillon CS. About 5 months ago when I got this idea to start shooting USPSA matches I went thur my 550 cleaned, adjusted, etc. I found a problem with the primer fed, just a little scoreing on one surface but it was hanging up and fliping a primer, 1 out 40 or so. I called Dillon told the nice YOUNG man on the phone what I wanted. He tryed to tell me to adjust this, clean that with this and so on and so on. I stopped him and ashed how old are you sonnie? "Im 36" I told him I had been loading on this press since he was 11 and just send me the god damm parts! After a few seconds of nothing I get YES SIR, THEY WILL BE SENT RIGHT AWAY SIR! And once again Im a very happy Dillon customer. The end :rolleyes:

Edited by VeryBadshot

I can bet that I would not be treated the same if I were calling about my 1050, but I knew that when I purchased it.

Dillon has become much tighter about enforcing this over the years - when I got my 1050 I was told they never enforced this except in cases of obvious and repeated customer abuse (such as repeatedly breaking the shell plate).

But, stuff on my 1050 so rarely breaks that this limitation is for all practical purposes irrelevant and, even though the 1050 doesn't get free parts, I know I can have any part shipped immediately when I need it.

The 1050 is a press without peer, so it's easy to understand why Dillon does not feel the need to offer the full warrantee on this machine - it's not like someone else has a press in this price range that's even close.

I told him I had been loading on this press since he was 11 and just send me the god damm parts! After a few seconds of nothing I get YES SIR, THEY WILL BE SENT RIGHT AWAY SIR! And once again Im a very happy Dillon customer. The end :rolleyes:

Every employee I've ever had has been told by me to hang up on people like this. I have no respect for those who use foul language to my employees for situations that don't begin to call for it. I'll always take the return call and deal with these types quickly. Being the customer doesn't give you the right to bully or abuse anyone.

Maybe I wasn't qutie that harsh. And maybe embelished a little, however I did tell the nice young man what I needed only to get a tech class. I will say this in his defence, once he understood I didn't want a tech class he was very helpful. I work in a very high stress service type job, people cuss at me and my co-workers all the time. We don't like it but we still get the job done. And being human I have lost my temper now and then. And when needed I say sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

It's happened to me also, but I think it's a lack of communication. Call back again, and I'll bet you get a satisfactory response. I just got my 650 back from Dillon, they could not fix it over the phone so I sent it to them, and could not be happier, they said they replaced a bunch of parts, but to me it looks like they gave me a brand new press. Dillon is by far #1 when it comes to customer satisfation.

Three days ago while removing the case hopper from one of my 650's, I got fumble fingered and dropped it on the hardwood floor. It broke into three peices. Called the first order number (technical assistance) and Eric gave me a return authorization and said to just send the whole thing back and they would replace for free. I was thinking at the time that I haven't received such helpful and friendly service from any other company, ever (and I'm old). Usually I get ---if you want English press 1..........., If you are calling about ordering one of our special thing-a ma-jigs, press 1..........., we are now transferring you to some helpful messages that may fix your problem.........., hold, your call is important to us, all of our customer service representatives are busy eating curry, if you get cutoff, call back next Christmas...............

• 2 weeks later...

Dillon provides the absolute best customer service of any company that I have ever dealt with bar none. It doesn't matter if you are the original owner or not. Bought a "Square Deal" at the local flea market and Dillon provided the same service as if I'd bought it new directly from them.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello: It depends on the guy you get on the phone. The last guy I talked to was not that helpful and treated me very sharply. Before that the customer service has been great. I just think everyone has a bad day once in a while. Dillon has treated me great and I will still use there products. Thanks, Eric

I think I spoke with the same guy before. Very sharp with his answers. My question was a stupid one though. I am embarrased to even say what it was.

I've had Dillion products for the better part of 25 yrs (I think) and the CS has been good to excellent.

That said, whenever I call into ANY CS dept I make sure I get the person's name. If I receive what I perceive to be a lousy "thank you for buying our product" I will arrange an appropriate "you're welcome" response to their public affairs.

• 2 months later...
One thing that might need mentioning is that you cannot use the 100% no BS guarantee and 1050 in the same breath. I personally own 550, 650 & 1050 presses and the 1050 in not covered by the same warranty as the other two, and I understand that. I have called a few times over the past 15 years (with 550 or 650 problems) and always received service beyond what I expected with free parts mailed without question, etc.. I can bet that I would not be treated the same if I were calling about my 1050, but I knew that when I purchased it.

The standard 1050 IS COVERED by the lifetime warranty. The warranty is on the back page of the operators manual. The Super 1050 does not have a lifetime warranty.