Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feelings on Precision Bullets?

VeryBadshot

Hi all!

Been thinking about buying a few K's of Precision Bullets, 40's in the 155 and 175gr. Was hopeing to hear how they have worked for people. Getting really done with the lead mess and to cheap to cough up the beans for FMJ's. Thx and good shooting!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello; I use all I can get. Quite good on toast ;-). I use the Precision 155,170 and 185 grain bullets. You will have to figure out which ones work the best for you. Barrel cleanup is so easy with them. I have had no problems with them at all. David is also a great guy to deal with. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Might want to also look at Bear Creek Bullets. I have been using Bear Creek moly coated bullets 5000 rds now. . I was just going to use them for practice but found that in my gun a " Bedell Lightning" the Bear Creeks bullets shot, and fed really well so I have been using them for matches also. My only complaint is that the weights fluctuate slightly. The 180 gr. Bullets weigh from 180.8 to about 183 but I really can’t remember ever having a bullet lighter than 180gr. I shoot and practice with a High Master PPC shooter who is also a Master Class IPSC shooter He loaded 500 rds of the Bear Creeks and liked them also our last order we got 15,000 bullets. Our 15,000 bullet order took about three weeks to be delivered. The smaller orders I had placed took about 1 week for delivery. We have not had any leading problems in our guns. I have a Schuemann Hybrid AET barrel in my gun and my shooting partner uses a Barstow barrel.

Bear Creek

They are excellent bullets. Very clean when you handle them. Accurate, smoke a little if using a very fast powder. I use 185gn for 40, have used 200gn and never a complaint. Use em for production if I shot production. David is a great guy to deal with. Just remember to bell the case mouth a little and your good to go.

Good bullets i bought some 185's "40" to try the out ran great in my gun. I load them with titegroup i got lots of smoke other than that they are a great bullets why my supply of fmj's run out i will be switching to precision!

I've used Precision's 185 and Bear Creek's 180's. Either shoot great IDPA over HP-38 out of my M&P. For comp, I load to 130PF. Not sure how they would hold up to a Major load.

I use them in 9mm too. Good stuff!

I'd make sure your gun(s) like them before placing a huge order. I don't fault the bullets, but my Kimber's barrel leaded badly. My G24 with a LWD barrel has had fail to feed issues with them - still working on that one. My G22 and G17 seem to like them just fine. They are smokey with the powder I use. I'm using Universal Clays behind them and at the last match Shred asked if my gun was fueled by coal! :lol:

Yeah, make sure they work in your gun. The 185's in my STI 40 lead so bad I had to stop using them. Tried several different powders with the same results. My previous gun shot them fine(Schuemann barrel). I now use a "poly" bullet that is harder than the Precision and it shoots great in my STI.

EG

When MG priced themselves out of my market (no fault of thier own, I guess, just high metal prices) I went to Precision for everything except 9mm which I don't shoot much and I had several K of mg's for it.

I've never had any trouble with leading in .38, .40 or .45. Just load 'em up and shoot them. I run a bore snake through the barrel occasionally just to clean the powder residue out.

YMMV but for me, they work great.

dj

Yeah, make sure they work in your gun. The 185's in my STI 40 lead so bad I had to stop using them. Tried several different powders with the same results. My previous gun shot them fine(Schuemann barrel). I now use a "poly" bullet that is harder than the Precision and it shoots great in my STI.

EG

Ordered a K of 185's. I have 2 40 cal guns and want to pick up #3. It will most likey be a M&P. Has anyone put them thur a M&P?

QUOTE(Ron Rodgers @ Aug 4 2007, 06:04 PM) *

What would make these bullets smoke more than other jacketed bullets?

They have a plolymer jacket instead of plating, a bit of that will burn and when you shoot. It's not hazerdous lead smoke, but can be annoying just at certain light temperatures.

Dave long and his bullets have helped me shoot a LOT more this year. since the copper market doesn't effect prices they are not nearly as volatile. They work fine in any gun I've seen. Bob Vogel uses them in his glock and has never had any problem with them, he probabally shoots 2-3 times what I do.

EG

Ordered a K of 185's. I have 2 40 cal guns and want to pick up #3. It will most likey be a M&P. Has anyone put them thur a M&P?

Yes, they run fine in them; a bit of leading, but not bad at all.

I don't have an M&P (yet), but the 185s work fine through my Steyr. No leading at all and good accuracy.