Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dates for 2008 Nationals and Major Matches?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe most of the money is going to purchase prizes.

I believe you are wrong. This misconception has been debunked many times on the forums. Most of the prizes are sponsor donations. Some prizes are purchased to fill out the table, but not most.

I want to work as many Majors as I possibly can next year and knowing the dates for vacations would help a lot. My husband would also love to work some majors but he has to have his vacations picked by the first of the year so that keeps him away from most of them.

I agree with Larry that the prize table is nice but not necessary.

I shoot because it's something I like to do, even though I' not necessarily good at it, I have fun doing it. It is worth the cost to me but I can't do anything unless I know in advance when things are going to be.

Summer Blast dates for July 9-13, 2008

York PA

Half Day format.

With 300+ shooters, I consider it a major match!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

Edited by LChico

2008 Crazy Croc. 8 stages 400+ rounds. Dundee Oregon. Maybe not a MAJOR match,

but it is a ton of fun.

August 30-31 2008 There---almost a years notice. That wasn't too difficult.

Sure wish we had some Nationals dates!! Multi-gun nationals going on now,

maybe fearless leader will announce the 2008 dates after the match?

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

OK- elections have come and gone, World Shoot appears to be planned. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about when the nationals are going to be held? My vacation for next year is now scheduled. I picked several weeks in June and July- hoping that I get lucky! :unsure:

OK- elections have come and gone, World Shoot appears to be planned. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about when the nationals are going to be held? My vacation for next year is now scheduled. I picked several weeks in June and July- hoping that I get lucky! :unsure:

BOD meeting this weekend Nov. 3-4 in Phoenix. Way down at the bottom of the agenda

is "2008 Handgun Nationals Planning report". Whole lot of people that have to plan

next years vacations before the end of this year are very interested in the Nationals

dates!

• 2 weeks later...
Summer Blast dates for July 9-13, 2008

York PA

Half Day format.

With 300+ shooters, I consider it a major match!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

My vacation bid is due next week :angry2:

I think I am just going to bid any dates that Linda is associated with matches. :cheers:

Guys...I heard back-to-back...perhaps the 3rd week on July...in Tulsa. I don't think any contracts have been singed and I could be completely wrong. I wouldn't even put it out there, except I know some are up against the vacation clock.

If I were rolling the dice...that is what I would go with. YMMV...at your own risk...and all that.

If you have to decide right now...maybe get in touch with your AD, try to get in touch with the Prez...or even the guys in Tulsa. See if anybody will give a better hint.

That will be warm, humid and filled with "weather". Oh well...never have seen a tornado in real life.

I'm hoping to work at least one if not both.

Nah, by July you're pretty much out of the woods for tornadoes. It's early spring you've really gotta watch. ;)

It'll just be hot. :blink:

Guys...I heard back-to-back...perhaps the 3rd week on July...in Tulsa. I don't think any contracts have been singed and I could be completely wrong.

If your wrong Brian will ...Dock your pay and every-one else will make fun of your gun <_< until your rite and you beat them with it. <_< or out shooting them any way , = the beating with a piece of plastic would not hurt much ;)

Everyone wanted a change in how the Nationals are handled.

Only a few actually voted in that manner.

Result? Nationals are still set up late.

If I were to hold my breath waiting, I'd be the color of our new rulebook.

There is only one person in USPSA that has the power over the Nationals Dates. The President.

In his defense: He does not own the ranges where we shoot. He needs to negotiate with the parties to get us a venue at a reasonable cost so that we can have a Nationals. There are only so many ranges in the US that can actually host a match of our type and size. Keep in mind that we also have to be able to get to the range and have a place to sleep that is not hours away. We need to have support where ever we go for around 500 plus people, for over a week. West Fonquique might have a range, but will it have restaurants? Hotels? Diners? Gas Stations? Parking?

I wouldn't want the job, not sure I could do any better. BUT I would like to think that I would at least communicate with the membership. And I would try to negotiate multi-year contracts, say two on, two off at several venues so that we could all plan ahead and maybe we'd have better Nationals. Remember, this isn't about the 20 GMs that finish at the top. it is really about the 340 of the rest of us that make it possible.

Jim