Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jim Cirillo killed in a car accident

eerw

Jim was a devout and avid follower of Jeff Cooper and that was where I met Jim, at one of the schools I attended at Gunsite.......Cooper was fond of telling the story about how Jim had killed two Bad Guys with his revolver in something under three seconds... Jeff had Jim tell the class that during the shootout all he remembers seeing were the striations on his front sight..Now that is FOCUS....

For those who might be interested in attending, the memorial service for Jim Cirillo will be held on Saturday, July 21st at 2 p.m. at

VANDER PLAAT COLONIAL HOME

13-31 SADDLE RIVER ROAD,

FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410

phone 201- 797-3500.

Donations are requested, in lieu of flowers, to go in Jim Cirillo's name to:

Holy Trinity - St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church

1641 Richmond Ave.

Staten Island, NY 10314

Telephone: 718-494-0658

I saw a man walking along Canal Street in New York City last week who looked so much like Jim Cirillo I almost stopped him to introduce myself. Obviously it was not him.

I'm sorry to hear of Mr. Cirillo's passing. He is a real legend.

Aw....f*#k. I loved that guy. The only guy I ever knew who, every time he met me, called me "kid". Even when I was into my late 30s. A true original. There's never been another like him. And never will be again.

Very true Duane...he was a throwback to older times...maybe that is why he and Cooper got on so famously...both of them kind of from the same mold...Jim more laid back than Jeff, but both had some incredible stories...I was lucky enough to be around to listen in awe when they were being told....Jim worked in the city, but he kind of reminded me of what Elmer Keith might have been like without the Stetson, had I met him, but that is another thread entirely...