Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 clean load

vipertech

Whats a good clean power/primer combination for a 180gr bullet. I thought I read in here about someone using rifle primers in pistol loads. Whats the benefit of that? Thanks to all that commented on the dies New Dillons on order. Going to add the comp seater at a later date.

Another vote for Solo 1000. I have some Vhit sitting here too but haven't gotten around to trying it. I've read on here that Solo is as clean as Vhit and about 1/2 the price. Both are single base powders.

I'm looking for a cleaner powder myself. I use a lot of Unique, but it is dirty. I use Unique to reload 45colt, 45acp, 44spcl, 38spcl. I've got Unique that's been around for several years. Is there a cleaner powder that I could switch over too?

I'm looking for a cleaner powder myself. I use a lot of Unique, but it is dirty. I use Unique to reload 45colt, 45acp, 44spcl, 38spcl. I've got Unique that's been around for several years. Is there a cleaner powder that I could switch over too?

If you like Unique, just buy some current production stuff. It is considerably cleaner than the Unique of yore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...