Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeling really bad.....

Merlin Orr

Dry mouth - Upset stomach - Terrible headache......... Don't have any idea why but I am dying here. I first noticed it right after I got home from seeing Hamilton Loomis at DRrockets club about 3:30 am...

Anyone else go clubbing last night? :cheers:

I hate it when this happens. :(

:P:D;)

Dang, Merlin, we (meaning you and I) are a bit long in the tooth to be going clubbing like that...that hungover feeling takes so much longer to go away that it used to!

Say hello to our buddy Ralph for me. :D

Dry mouth - Upset stomach - Terrible headache......... Don't have any idea why but I am dying here. I first noticed it right after I got home from seeing Hamilton Loomis at DRrockets club about 3:30 am...

Glad to know it isn't just me this a.m. :surprise::cheers::blink:

Did I go clubbing? Well...Kinda sorta...I cleared the living room for some dancing with the Mrs, which made my back ache, and too much tasty Riesling makes my head feel like a rotten pumpkin ..shizzle... I have new loads to test today as well. Anybody want to buy a few years of hard living off of a fellow shooter?

You're getting too old to go clubbing without an oxygen tank for recovery the next day...... :cheers: :cheers:

If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphylis. :(

You'll get nothing from me for self inflicted wounds. :devil:

Anything else and I'll help. :cheers:

I am totally overwhelmed with the outpouring of genuine sympathy I have received here from all my friends on the Forums. I would expect (and deserve) no less..... :lol: After this I believe I will just keep mum about last weeks visit to the Selena Auditorium where I saw (after no less than 5 attempts) The Possum himself, Old No Show - George Jones....... :cheers:

I am totally overwhelmed with the outpouring of genuine sympathy I have received here from all my friends on the Forums. I would expect (and deserve) no less..... :lol: After this I believe I will just keep mum about last weeks visit to the Selena Auditorium where I saw (after no less than 5 attempts) The Possum himself, Old No Show - George Jones....... :cheers:

And you expected more? :lol::lol::lol:

"Merlin came dragging in here this morning & his ass got here about an hour later."

:lol::lol::lol:

"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphylis. "

Gosh, that is awesome. I'm glad I had already set my glass down before I read it.

dj

Did much of the same thing Thursday night after getting our azziz handed to us in softball. My cure was to not go to work and start the weekend a day earlier.Hope the hangover goes away quickly mine will still be there Monday morning(my boss). :cheers:

Scott

It must be something in the pickles...

Our long-ago cure for hangover was a salty, mega-protein meal:

Large hot pastrami sandwich with lots of kosher dill pickles and a pint of milk.

Totally cured what ailed me every time. Seriously. :cheers:

Just lay around and enjoy all the pain...about noon go to the fridge and get a beer...nurse it for about 10 minutes then move to the bar and make a high ball...nurse it for about 4 minutes, by then your will either feel better, be heading for the bathroom or making another drink with a slight buzz...and 2 out of 3 ain't a bad average... :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed yourself and got to see the Possum...did he sing "He Stopped Lovin' Her Today"....one of my fav Geo. Jones songs....

I spent Sat evening relaxing with other match staff and some shooters in the hotel bar attempting to determine how much beer was left in the keg of IPA. Wandered off to bed around 0100. Drank a quart of Gatorade prior to going to bed and another one in the AM when I got up. Didn't feel too bad.

Much of a hangover is due to dehydration. If you stay hydrated you won't be nearly so bad off.

I learned that particular lesson the hard way. ;)

I know a paramedic that has access to IV equipment who will rehydrate himself with an IV after too much fun. Gatorade doesn't involve needles. I'll go that route.

+1 for Kimel's advice.

If you really want the IV fix make sure that you get 5% Dextrose solution. 1000 cc's and the hangovers gone. When we go on the department river trip every year there is a whole 1500 series pelican case dedicated to IV solution and start kits. :o

:(

Well, I'm not feeling so good either and I WISH it was a hangover! Damn common cold virus has been around since the beginning of time and we haven't been able to kill the fu(<er!

Maybe I should try to intoxicate it with "Cuba Libres"!

:cheers: