Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

07 L10 Nationals gossip thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie is only up by 29.4043 points over Jessie and Julie has shot 1 stage more than Jessie.

Its gonna be tight but I think Jessie is going to take it.

Good Luck my friend.

The scores for L10 look like they are complete and as has been said - Robbie won. The point spread is amazing. Nobody shot within 97% of him. The spread between 1st and second was 63 points. The spread between 2nd and 6th - 20 points.

Sounds like a hell of a match and a ton of fun.

Robbie just keeps on going. It's amazing - the dominance he's had over the years.

Looks like Julie won high lady - another tight race!

All of this of course is contingent upon the website scores being current and correct. Based on what I saw though - they look complete.

Strangely Open didn't look current yet.

J

***post edited to reflect more accurate info***

Edited by j1b

Sorry for the inaccurate report. When I looked at the men's scores (most recognizable names) I saw they were all there on the stages so I assumed the scores were current.

Sorry about that all!

J

Edited by j1b

It's funny. All the talk seems to be about L-10 and not Open. I don't want to start a thread drift here or start an L-10 debate either, but.... L-10 seems to be pretty healthy right about now.

Oh ya, haven't I read somewhere on here that a single stack is at a gross dissadvantage to a double stack in L-10? I know TGO is the 300 lb Silverback in this sport, but to soundly beat all the doublestacks like that is the equivalent to when Sevigny won Limited with a Glock. Once again proving it's all about the driver, not the gear.

Man, I wish I could have went this year...

L-10 seems to be pretty healthy right about now.

Oh ya, haven't I read somewhere on here that a single stack is at a gross dissadvantage to a double stack in L-10? I know TGO is the 300 lb Silverback in this sport, but to soundly beat all the doublestacks like that is the equivalent to when Sevigny won Limited with a Glock. Once again proving it's all about the driver, not the gear.

Valid points.

Will add that: we, as the USPSA membership, should not judge a division's "popularity" or desireability by comparing the number of entries at a COMBINED Nationals.

Of course we will have to combine some divisions until every division has its own Nationals. Until then, we will be forcing some competitors to choose divisions - which does not give us an accurate answer as to "what would they have shot the Nationals were limited to one division each?"

Thanks to all who posted pics and reports (accurate and otherwise) it was all entertaining to those of us who could not go.

>>which does not give us an accurate answer as to "what would they have shot the Nationals were limited to one division each?"<<

I'm pretty sure that if the Nationals were one Division each, then everyone in each Nationals would shoot in the same Divison.

>>which does not give us an accurate answer as to "what would they have shot the Nationals were limited to one division each?"<<

I'm pretty sure that if the Nationals were one Division each, then everyone in each Nationals would shoot in the same Divison.

Congratulations! You are now entitled to Post Here! ;):lol::cheers:

Leatham is amazing. The thing he seems to have mastered better than any other of the world class competitors (except Grauffel) is the ability to show up at EVERY match at the top of his game. I wish I knew what he knows about mental preparedness.

Seems like this match also clearly heralds the arrival of two new top contenders: Ted Puente among the men and Jessie Abbate among the ladies. Obviously Ted's successes over the past year or so were no fluke... considering the strength of the field, this has to be his best match yet, and there's no reason to believe he's peaked yet. For whatever reason, the iron sights divisions seem to be a lot more exciting and dynamic in terms of new talent rising to the top. The top half dozen in Open has been pretty much the same for several years now, whereas it seems like with every Nationals someone else emerges as a potential champion in Limited, L-10 or Production.