Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weather.com's forecast for saturday is 60% chance of rain and 30% on sunday. hopefully the forecast will get better by saturday morning. either way, i will make sure the cleats and rain coat are packed.

If everyone brings their raingear we may force enough jui-jui to keep it away. :rolleyes:

Kenny

Yeah...I think that worked at Double Tap this year.

David C

True. There was a wall of thuderstorms and rain during the match that started about 30 miles west of the DTR and extended into New Mexico and into the Panhandle as I recall from the weather radar on TWC.

The problem with Erin will be just where the rain goes as it hits and rides the high presure ridge north and northeast.

Edited by Steve J

Squad 8Full

Saturday 8:00 AM

No Slots Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIM B - LTD

MIKE C - LTD

MARK J - PRD

JOHN K - LTD

REUBEN L - LTD

LEE N - LTD

NICHOLAS N - LTD

MARK N - LTD

CHET P - LTD

MIKE P - LTD

ZACK P - LTD

NATHAN T - LTD

Hate to bring up the "R" word, but it would probably be prudent to bring rain gear.... :ph34r:

Intellicast is calling for 80% chance today and 60% over the weekend.... :angry2:

We cannot catch a freaking break!

Have you not been paying attention... We're all going to bring cleats and rain gear and the MASS JU JU will keep the rain away ;):D .

Hate to bring up the "R" word, but it would probably be prudent to bring rain gear.... :ph34r:

Intellicast is calling for 80% chance today and 60% over the weekend.... :angry2:

We cannot catch a freaking break!

Have you not been paying attention... We're all going to bring cleats and rain gear and the MASS JU JU will keep the rain away ;):D .

So it looks like the weather will be similar to...Louisiana. :rolleyes:

David C

The ROs got dampened Friday... but the competitors all shot Sat and Sun without having to don any raingear at all! Temp hovered around 80 or so. Let's all remember the mass Ju Ju trick!

I'VE shot better but I don't remember ever shooting any better stages. All you guys that couldn't make it missed a great match.

Bill - Stage 4

Edited by bpowe

The ROs got dampened Friday... but the competitors all shot Sat and Sun without having to don any raingear at all! Temp hovered around 80 or so. Let's all remember the mass Ju Ju trick!

I'VE shot better but I don't remember ever shooting any better stages. All you guys that couldn't make it missed a great match.

Bill - Stage 4

thanks for all your work, Bill!!

Great match!! What a field, I was embarrased by my place 66th, I thought I shot a pretty solid match (for me) and ended up barely in the top half of limited. I shot about the same last year and was 41st a little more to my liking, getting older slower and fatter I guess. Anyway we had a great time. Kudos to Jimmy Artie and the rest of the match staff

Shot Sat and Sun without having to don any raingear at all! Temp hovered around 80 or so.

Let's all remember the mass Ju Ju trick!

Worked again! Good job everyone. That had to be the best weather I've ever seen for the TSLC over the 12 years or so that I've shot it. It was gorgeous which is not something you can usually say about the weather around Breckenridge in August.

Special Thanks to Jimmy, Artie, David and all the crew for another fantastic Texas State Limited Championship.

The Results will be up on the Bulletworks web page the day they Send them to me. will post here when up. Good Match Great weather for sat/sun. got a little damp friday. Learned a lot ROing stage 3.

man what a great match ! thanks artie & jimmy. and the stages where just awesome, thanks also to steve & david.

all the ro's did a great job....we all know how much work goes into puting on a match , but how you guys at state or robert and the gang at double tap always pull off such great ones i will never know, thanks again for all the hard work !

Edited by 45acp230

Great match Jimmie, Artie, and David. I had a blast shooting with my new Team Infinity shirt and learning from Henning and the excellent shooters from north of the border. We had great weather and an incredible time in the motel parking lot when BigD and I fired up the grills on Friday and Saturday. There are no finer people in the world to spend quality time with than shooters. See you all at the Nats.

Dave

I had a great time. Who could believe that weather???

My only major criticism of the match is that I, personally, really prefer the three day schedule: Shoot six stages Friday, six stages Saturday and have awards, etc. Sunday morning.

IIRC, that's the way it was in 2004 & 2005.

I'll be back next year. :cheers:

-Chet

Chet,

It was a 3 day match but if I remember correctly, you shot all three days. Half a day both Friday & Saturday, then you either started 8:00am Sunday shooting or 10:00am Sunday shooting. If you shot Friday morning, then you shot afternoon Saturday or vice versa. The awards weren't over any earlier than this way & it cost an extra night in a hotel. Now, if it had been so you could choose to shoot Friday afternoon, all day Saturday & a little on Sunday, that might have worked for me but you couldn't choose. One extra night in the motel, one more full day off work. I don't think, even as great as this match is, that I could have continued to attend.

It was a great time, wasn't it? Best weather I've seen in the years I've shot this match.

MLM