Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Someone Every year has started a rumor that the Texas State Limited is full. It has not sold out for the last 5 years that i can remember ( could be wrong) This is the First year to be a 2 day Match August 18-19th, good warm up for the nationals in Tulsa.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me (and maybe others) it would be good to know if another football field standards is planned for the match. That may well be the determining factor in attendance. Just my 2cents.

/sarcasm mode on

News wire -- The Breckenridge American -- Breckenridge, Texas.

"Bulldozers were spotted leaving the range at the Breckenridge Gun Club today. In response to the overwhelming excitement of targets at 85 yards from last year's match participants, the shooting berms on bay 12 appear to have been moved BACK to at least 150 yards away from the shooting line. Steel fabricators are rumored to be crafting IPSC Metric steel targets with a small cutout in the Upper A-zone. Officials say that these steel targets are to be used as 'hardcover' on the 'standards' stage. In addition to the large contingency of match sponsors being solicited by match officials, priests across a variety faiths are being contacted and urged to attend this year's match to assist/guide competitors as they launch prayers downrange at these 'standards' targets."

/sarcasm mode off

Hoping that saner heads prevail this year.

Edited by joseywales

This year I'm painting mil-dots on my front sight, and will bring a calculator and range chart, for proper hold over. :surprise:

Yeah, lets keep it to under 50 this year, please. Looking at the Limited scores from the Area 4 standards, that seems challenging enough. :blush:

For me (and maybe others) it would be good to know if another football field standards is planned for the match. That may well be the determining factor in attendance. Just my 2cents.

/sarcasm mode on

"Bulldozers were spotted leaving the range at the Breckenridge Gun Club today. In response to the overwhelming excitement of targets at 85 yards from last year's match participants, the shooting berms on bay 12 appear to have been moved BACK to at least 150 yards away from the shooting line. Steel fabricators are rumored to be crafting IPSC Metric steel targets with a small cutout in the Upper A-zone. Officials say that these steel targets are to be used as 'hardcover' on the 'standards' stage. In addition to the large contingency of match sponsors being solicited by match officials, priests across a variety faiths are being contacted and urged to attend this year's match to assist/guide competitors as they launch prayers downrange at these 'standards' targets."

/sarcasm mode off

touche'

Our group will be there. Although I didn't mind the 85yrds, it wasn't really a test of anything, in my mind. I would much rather shoot no more than 50. Either way, we'll be there. It has been a fun match every year I've shot it & I don't see any reason this year would be different. Come on guys, get signed up!

Steve, Your post was pretty funny!hahaha.

Edited by mlmiller1

/sarcasm mode on

/sarcasm mode off

I had the fun last year of walking the 85 yards up and down for the 137 competitors. :mellow: My parting words to Jimmy were that I had access to a "Big Cat" and if necessary that range could disappear under the cover of darkness. :rolleyes:

Kenny

Maybe since Alex will be back, he can reclaim his claim as ruler of the standards. :)

TEXAS STATE LIMITED MATCH ----THERE WILL NOT BE ANY STANDARDS FUTHER THAN 50 YARDS -----TOO! MANY COMPLAINTS---AND I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOOD TIME

THANKS

JIM

Someone Every year has started a rumor that the Texas State Limited is full. It has not sold out for the last 5 years that i can remember ( could be wrong) This is the First year to be a 2 day Match August 18-19th, good warm up for the nationals in Tulsa.

TEXAS STATE LIMITED MATCH ----THERE WILL NOT BE ANY STANDARDS FUTHER THAN 50 YARDS -----TOO! MANY COMPLAINTS---AND I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOOD TIME

THANKS

JIM

Jimmy - We ALWAYS have a good time (even if we don't get many holes in those FAAAAAAAARRRRRR AWAAAAAAAAAYYYYY targets).

See you in August!

Good match, all the people that run the match are awesome. It'll be a good match, the only thing about it you can wish for is nice weather. They usually have someone on site cooking up some good grub. Prize table is pretty good and if you win your class, historically winners receive a nice belt buckle and a factory fitted STI slide/frame kit. I'll be there.

Good match, all the people that run the match are awesome. It'll be a good match, the only thing about it you can wish for is nice weather. They usually have someone on site cooking up some good grub. Prize table is pretty good and if you win your class, historically winners receive a nice belt buckle and a factory fitted STI slide/frame kit.

+1

I'll be there.

Me too!

• 3 weeks later...