Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never created one...I'm still using the old "group" password to get to the members area....Guess I get to set it up...

I used the pin number that's on the front cover of the Front Sight magazine.

It's hidden next to the word "Pin." :surprise:

Dan

Does anyone know round count, or when they will be posting the stages. I emailed Jimmy 3 or 4 days ago and haven't heard anything. Also how is the weather up there? Someone said it was rocked with flooding in that area. I know its raining cats and dogs down here.

What are the good restaurants in the area?

I believe all 5 restaurants in town are good! :blink: hahahahaha. There is a decent mexican food, steak house, BBQ, Oriental, & breakfast place in town. It is a very small town but really there are probably more like 10 restaurants. The next nearest place with any place to eat is probably 30 miles away. Breckenridge is out in the sticks, they shouldn't have to worry about any development threatening their range for a long time. :surprise: MLM

Restaurants -

Okay! There is a place by a race track that has an awesome steak, halfway between Breckenridge and Graham -by Possum Kingdom maybe? Literally, you'll be looking for a cow and turning right. I haven't been there in at least three years. I was drunk at the time (someone else drove) - I've slept since. I have no clue how to find it. Perhaps another local might volunteer directions. I just remember that the steaks were f$#(@ng fabulous....

There is a little hole in the wall place on the main drag that has good breakfasts....but given that it is now a two day Sat/Sun match, I'd go for the Sonic or MickeyD's. Both are above the average Americana drive thru as local work ethics apply. The late night watering hole / stomping grounds (uh, let me re-phrase, boot-scooting) place is on the main drag, west bound for about 2 miles on the left side; pool tables, beer, dance floor - 'nuf said. Plenty of pleasant cowboys to chat with. Had a big ol' time last year w/ some shooters.

The stages are posted, and look plenty interesting !
Got a link to them? I've not been able to find them on the bulletworks.com site. Only see a link for the 2006 & 2005 stages.

http://www.bulletworks.com/

right under the match Entry Form link is the stages link.....

http://www.bulletworks.com/images/TSLC%2007%20stages.pdf

Got a link to them? I've not been able to find them on the bulletworks.com site. Only see a link for the 2006 & 2005 stages.

http://www.bulletworks.com/

right under the match Entry Form link is the stages link.....

http://www.bulletworks.com/images/TSLC%2007%20stages.pdf

Caching issue on my PC I guess. I see it plain as day now!

We have only stayed at the Ridge Hotel before.

You can find it through the links on the Bulletworks wedsite. When you call you have to mention TXSLC to see if they have any rooms left. Decent place and about 50.00 a night.

See ya there !

Awesome! Let's play!!

-Chet

PS - CompetitionDVD.com will be filming Squad 8 this year. Wanna be a TV star? Squad with us! ;)

Unfortunately the Ridge Motel is sold out...I tried mentioning TSL too. Last year I stayed at the America's Best Value (Breckenridge Inn). It was by far the nastiest motel I've ever stayed in. Dirty...carpeting was so black and sticky I wouldn't walk barefoot...unmentionable stains on the couch... I've procrastinated so long that I just made reservations there anyway.

Has anyone had a good experience with any other places in Breckenridge?

L

We have a group of 10 heading up from the Houston area leaving next Friday morning always enjoy the match. The match I really look froward too. Jimmy and Artie really know how to put on a match, stage designs are well done blending the proper balance between easy enough for any shooter on the range to complete yet challenging enough for the best shooters out there. I fall somewhere in between. we are squad 1 see ya'll there