Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great Tv Clip

jasmap

Cheese d*ck foley sound guys only saw / got two shots in the sound track. And what's the string / cord attached to the dead guy's leg?

Cool clip. I've heard about it from a couple guys that know him. 1st Time I've seen it.

I'm sure this video has been posted before but I love to watch this. I know it's at least been discussed on BE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOaGg1nXhgg

Jim Zubiena was a shooter in California with Dalton, Fowler, Fitchman and a bunch of the other Hot Rocks in the old days...great guy and that is one heck of a scene....His wife Linda was also a top notch shooter as well... ;)

Don't know much about the episode. Who was the guy who ran up and challenged him? Why would you run up to a guy actively blasting a car with a shotgun and tell him to "Drop it!!" when you are only armed with a snub-nose revolver?

The draw was truly great though.

I'm sure this video has been posted before but I love to watch this. I know it's at least been discussed on BE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOaGg1nXhgg

Jim Zubiena was a shooter in California with Dalton, Fowler, Fitchman and a bunch of the other Hot Rocks in the old days...great guy and that is one heck of a scene....His wife Linda was also a top notch shooter as well... ;)

Here is how he did at SWPL: http://www.gopherflats.org/swpl/swp_past.htm

If that's standard frame-rate (not shot 24 fps and played at 30) - that draw is f-ing spectacular by anyone's standards then or now.

Since this guy actually was a great IPSC shooter, this clip has the highest probability of being real.

Don't know much about the episode. Who was the guy who ran up and challenged him? Why would you run up to a guy actively blasting a car with a shotgun and tell him to "Drop it!!" when you are only armed with a snub-nose revolver?

The draw was truly great though.

IIRC, the guy was the driver of the limo who had gone to the mens room and Jim killed his riders while he was gone...then killed him..

Absolutely terrific draw, bet it only took one take to get it on film...love the nostalga but his "fro" is over the top...Guess he thinks he looked like Wes Unseld or someone...LOL B)

Edited by tightloop

If that's standard frame-rate (not shot 24 fps and played at 30) - that draw is f-ing spectacular by anyone's standards then or now.

Since this guy actually was a great IPSC shooter, this clip has the highest probability of being real.

Don't get me wrong, it's so damned smooth, I think it's real. But I do acknowledge that sometimes "movie magic" gets imposed involuntarily.

I've forgotten virtually everything about Miami Vice over the years, but I only saw that draw once (now twice) and it's one of those "holy sh*t that guy is good" deals that's etched in my memory forever.

And anybody with that kind of a draw can have their hair any way they want. :P

I remember from years back reading a magazine article that stated it took 13 or so takes for the final quick draw scene. I think it was the gloves that kept getting caught up in the gun. I'm gonna guess that the article was in Combat Handguns magazine. Jeez I'm getting old..........