Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Campus Shootings

AikiDale

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The news reports are very contradictory right now. Seems that there was one shooting in one dorm, then another one in a second dorm, about 2:30 apart. But one report says they were unrelated, others seem to indicate it was one shooter.

Whatever happened, this is indeed a tragedy.

I'm about 15 minutes from Tech at Radford visiting my GF. All my friends who I have talked to that go to Tech are fine as are hers. I actually live about 45 minutes from Tech. It's really bad to hear about something like this but it's weirder to be so close to it and know people who attend the school.

Here is a better coverage from one of our local news sites.

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?page...d=1173350761291

Terrible tragedy, the families will be hurt for the rest of there lives :(

Our prayers go out for them!!

Many years ago 40 or more, my grandfather told me that any place that you are not allowed to have a gun is probably where you will need it the most.

This whole thing just breaks my heart.

Jim :(

Edit for spell

Edited by GentlemanJim

32 dead. Includes one shooter. May or may not be more than one. Over two hours apart.

Anyone want to speculate on the near future?

All the talking heads are saying how easy to carry into school, no one saying that if some of the adult students were armed that this might not have happened.

Jim

From Fox News:

The students and faculty were barricading themselves in their classrooms after what one person described as an Asian male wearing a vest opened fire.

The shooter was "wearing a vest covered in clips was just unloading on their door, going from classroom to classroom … they said it never seemed like it was going to stop and there was just blood all over," Harrison said.

Does not sound like a spur of the moment thing, with that much ammo it must have been planned.

I really feel for those who passed and their families. May God be with them in the coming days. I feel ill especially considering those poor souls were herded into classrooms by a wolf and because of a law there were no sheep dogs available when they were needed the most.

Our future as a community looks very bleak right now. We have never gotten a fair shake in the MSM and if you listen closely enough you can hear the hysteria machine being warmed up. The new AWB just got a big boost from this senseless act. It matters not that the guns in question aren't covered by the AWB.

I am with the ppl who think we should be allowed to carry on campuses and I also believe a few teachers should be trained on firearms use and be proficient so they may defend their schools, stuff like this would stop happening if ppl didn't think it was such an easy target.

One armed bystander could have saved many lives today.

Chances are it would have saved many lives. Back in 2002 an Appalachian State law student went on a shooting rampage that resulted in the deaths of two or three people, and it would have been much worse if he wasn't subdued by three fellow students, two of who were carrying. If only there was one or two Va Tech students who were carrying in that class room and things would have turned out very differently.

Chances are it would have saved many lives. Back in 2002 an Appalachian State law student went on a shooting rampage that resulted in the deaths of two or three people, and it would have been much worse if he wasn't subdued by three fellow students, two of who were carrying. If only there was one or two Va Tech students who were carrying in that class room and things would have turned out very differently.

Yep, Then that student's future would end when they were sentenced to a prison term for carrying unlawfully.

I hate reading about shootings. <_<

Yep, Then that student's future would end when they were sentenced to a prison term for carrying unlawfully.

I hate reading about shootings. <_<

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

"I am with the ppl who think we should be allowed to carry on campuses and I also believe a few teachers should be trained on firearms use and be proficient so they may defend their schools, stuff like this would stop happening if ppl didn't think it was such an easy target." (CaseyJ)
Amen. :angry:

32 dead. Includes one shooter. May or may not be more than one. Over two hours apart.

Anyone want to speculate on the near future?

All the talking heads are saying how easy to carry into school, no one saying that if some of the adult students were armed that this might not have happened.

Jim

Neal Bortz mentioned that this morning when this story broke out.

one single armed CCW holder on campus could have prevented the majority of this tragedy. thank god it was a 'gun-free zone'. i'm sure all the victims of this crime feel much safer because of this . . . . :rolleyes: .

"I am with the ppl who think we should be allowed to carry on campuses and I also believe a few teachers should be trained on firearms use and be proficient so they may defend their schools, stuff like this would stop happening if ppl didn't think it was such an easy target." (CaseyJ)
Amen. :angry:

While I agree 100%, most of the adjunct instructors and profesors I know are very anti-gun and would never consider "needing" a firearm for any reason. Self defense?? "That is what the police are for!" :o You should have seen the looks on some of their faces when I tried to describe my weekends of 3 gunning or USPSA shooting. I know I dropped a few IQ points in their minds. :wacko:

It has been my observation during my time at the University of XX for 13 years, (note my Sig line) Most staff and students are in a constant mental awareness level of "opaque" and think something like this will never happen as they walk around looking down with iPods blasting in ears or yelling into cellphones, totally unaware of what is going on around them.

Something needs to change, let us hope it is a change in the RIGHT direction.