Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you settled on a mag well?

I have come to terms with using it. I regard it kinda like getting used to the dot on my Open gun. It is new to me, and thus I am naturally going to reject it at first...but a magwell is a necessary piece of equipment on a Limited gun, and essential in Limited 10. My reloads are more forgiving with it on, and I REALLY like the positioning of the gun on table draws.

I have my press set up and ready to rock...it just needs a little fine tuning when my bullets come in for seating and crimping.

How bad are CCI primers? I asked Bill this last night as well: I have 2900 primers, and 2k of them are CCI. I am thinking that I will use the CCI for club matches, and the 900 Federals for major matches.

Congrats on the new heater, hope you have fun with it in Limited. I really really liked the SJC magwell when I had my open 17 from them. The thing was huge for reloads, it just sucked the magazines in effortlessly. It also did a great job of locking my hands on the grip.

On another note, did you just buy a whole new tool head in 40 for your 550 so you can just swap between the two? Or did you just completely switch over to 40? Anyway congrats thats a nice looking shooter.

Edited by kamann

Have you settled on a mag well?

I have come to terms with using it. I regard it kinda like getting used to the dot on my Open gun. It is new to me, and thus I am naturally going to reject it at first...but a magwell is a necessary piece of equipment on a Limited gun, and essential in Limited 10. My reloads are more forgiving with it on, and I REALLY like the positioning of the gun on table draws.

I didn't mean have you settled on using a magwell ..... I meant have you settled on which one you plan on using? Certain magwells work well with certain basepads. Others don't work well at all. You may have to play around with different ones before you settle on which one you like. I had to try 3 magwells before settling on the one I use now (STI Heavy).

Glock mags only come in one length (stock) so in order to get a 140mm mag you had to add an extended base-pad which compounds the problem, because the basepad may actually hit the magwell during insertion, ultimately causing a dropped mag.

How bad are CCI primers? I asked Bill this last night as well: I have 2900 primers, and 2k of them are CCI. I am thinking that I will use the CCI for club matches, and the 900 Federals for major matches.

PM Sent

kamman, I just purchased 40cal dies. No need for a new tool head, I can only load one caliber at a time. Besides, I have around 9k prod and open rounds loaded ;)

How bad are they? Not bad, especially if you don't cut your striker spring in half then stretch it back out like Adrian does. If you just use a masculine striker spring, then you're in business.

...or you could melt your glocks down to pure plastic and maybe mold a holster and pouches for the STI you will eventually end up using...

:roflol:

:ph34r:

I understand Ralph and Bill...but I didn't have the extra $30 for the tool head at the time. If I can pick up one along the way I will.

And big L O L @ Nick :)

Hi Micah, Did you get a new Blade Tech holster or did you do what I did and cut it off. :roflol: My G4 Blade Tech holster was a bit too short so I cut off the end so the G24 sticks out the bottom of the holster about an inch or so. I am in love with my new G24 too. Later, Dan

No bullets today :( But this was waiting for me in my mailbox:

DSCN2348.jpg

Dan,

I have 2 BladeTech holsters...the newer one has an open bottom, and I have been using it for about a year now. It worked great with my Open gun and accommodated the comp without any problems. Drawing my G24 from the same holster feels like buttah ;)

Ralph, I am rocking the 550.

Mark A put on one hell of a match today at Miamisburg! Without 40 bullets I shot Limited with my G34. Had fun :)

th_05-09-10Mburg.jpg

I did get the change to shoot a little factory ammo through my G24, and I gotta tell you...I can dig it ;)

No bullets yet but 2-a-days are really showing me the difference between post-lifting dryfire and tired-from-work dryfire. There is much more muscle twitch in the former, and I need to "get fired up" to move swiftly in the latter. The second is letting me know what I need to do after a long match.

Steel match tomorrow...I'll use my G24 lower with my G34 upper to make the best of things.

What's different with your G24 lower vs. the G34? I have a G22 RTF frame (with an old style Vanek Super) with a speedway in it that I have been practicing with since February with a 24 top. I have been avidly watching your work with this because the G24 has become my favorite Glock.

Big thanks to Chad R for a groovy steel match today at Circleville :) I'll have video of that up sometime this weekend...I feel that I shot just okay...kinda sluggish on the first stage.

What's different with your G24 lower vs. the G34? I have a G22 RTF frame (with an old style Vanek Super) with a speedway in it that I have been practicing with since February with a 24 top. I have been avidly watching your work with this because the G24 has become my favorite Glock.

The G24 is just a little longer than the 34/35. I chose the 24 because I could find one cheaper than a 35, and because it is what Vogel, Sevigny, and Jesse use in matches. Can't argue with the fully sponsored shooters ;)

Micah-

Sweet vid. thanks for sharing.

Glad you dig it Lawdawg :D

2-a-days continue...I guess I'm shooting Production now at the Buckeye Challenge, and will have to hope that two club matches will be enough to allow me to get a grasp of the gun's firing impulse. Having that G24 in my hands 130 minutes a day doesn't hurt.

No, but I received a shipping notice from USPS that they will be en route soon. I'll get them in time to chrono and shoot them at Circleville and Oxford, but not for the Buckeye match.

:roflol: @ Jeff.

Just got back from the range...put several hundred rounds through the 24. Sights are dead on, and even with CCI primers I had no ignition issues. The one problem that I did have was about 10% of my shots were tumbling. I did not notice an accuracy variance at 75ft, but it is an issue that needs to be fixed. Bill recommended that I ease up the crimp a little, so I'll give that a shot and test the ammo again on Saturday at the Buckeye match.