Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Always good to see you Micah! Your description of that mover thing on Damn Slats was spot on. I'm not sure if I laughed more at that or at breakfast Sunday morning... then I saw the mover. :surprise: Nothing quite like having to reshoot the first stage of the day but for once it went better than the first run. The guys helping you seemed a bit new but did a good job. Take care and maybe see you at A5!

Ryan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang Micah, I almost missed your range diary with the name change. No need to beat yourself up over the match. You did VERY well for getting bumped into minor open after having shot half the match with 10 round mags. Who is that good looking Addict next to you :surprise::roflol:

That hansom devil grabbed my a$$ right before the picture was taken! The look of shock on my face tells the rest of the story :roflol:

I went back to the range today to chrono more ammo (thanks Mike for the chrono!) I took 20 shots for each load and removed 4 outliers from each data set:

-Lightening up on the crimp resolved my tumbling issue

-The same ammo that chrono'd a 191.6pf @ the Buckeye match yielded a 188.07

-3.8g of TG yields a 179.96pf

-3.6g of TG yields a 164.8pf

It would appear that 3.7g will give me the zone that I am looking for.

5...5 thousand boolits! Bwahahahahahaha!

0603001816.jpg

Limited load is finally set, Limited gun is feeling groovy in my hands, and I FINALLY get to shoot it this weekend at Cville and Oxford! It feels like it has been F O R E V E R since I have shot a match!

Joel, if Glock doesn't make it, I'm not shooting it ;)

Had another great 2-a-day today, and knocked that weird Dawson adjustable rear sight out and replaced it with a Heinie...the same type of rear sight I've been using in my Prod gun for years. Much better.

More importantly...

schools-out-games.jpg

Shot a great match today at Circleville...the first match for my G24! The gun ran perfectly...however I encountered several issues using a lower rear with a taller front. I'm hoping to fix that tonight for tomorrows match thanks to Chris.

To boot, my freakin' camera was having pms with the batteries that I had installed :angry2: So no video of today's match, but there should be plenty of tomorrow's match at Oxford.

Nice runs Micah. How many pasters did it take today per hole? :roflol:

I thought "puff the magic dragon" would have been a more appropriate choice of music for your video. WOW! :surprise:

Yep them molies really smoke, I don't notice it at all when I am shooting though, on video the smoke really stands out. Last match I shot my front sight on my G24 came loose and it really screwed me up mentally, oh well there's allway next week. Congrats on having the summer off, I am very jealous. :bow:

Thanks Dan :) I don't notice the smoke while shooting either, so it is of no consequence to me.

Spent my first day of summer vacation doing yard work, detail scrubbing my gun, and shooting a little at the range. To pacify my OCD traits, I chrono'd one final time. I am very safely into major pf, and feel that I have the perfect load for the gun and recoil spring. The G24 snaps straight back to my poa. Those will be the last live rounds that I shoot before Area 5, the rest will be in dryfire.

More on the Oxford match: Overall I feel that I shot okay...a little sluggish on transitions. I walked away with two mikes: both were due to a lack of attention and nothing more. Other than that, and plowing into a metal barrel on the first stage, my G24 ran perfectly, as well as all of my mags.

I keep seeing all of your limited fun...I almost regret getting a single stack instead of a limited gun!

dry.gif

haha, i thought about the putting the same face here. dont hate on the skinny guns