Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Don't be fooled by the look on my face ...... The party was a ton of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a little apprehensive going to a "family get-together" of people whom I had never met, but it wasn't nearly as bad as that sounds. Everyone there was very friendly & wonderfully accommodating. I learned that Micah's dad looks exactly like him (scary as that might sound, it's really not) as he really does have a sister, who actually has more tats than Micah

does (although I did not think to ask about piercings). :surprise:

All in all it really was a great time, we all had a blast, got to know each other a little better, gave Micah a birthday party to remember, and racked up a $300 bar bill! :cheers:

Happy Birthday Bucky!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That party was something that will make me smile for MANY years to come :)

I will have video up this evening from the Oxford match. ALSO...I picked up my Glock 24 from Ralph at that match, and am SUPER stoked to start loading ammo for it. Bullets and dies are on their way, and I can use what little powder and primers that I have to load up at least 1100 rounds for now. Thanks to John Booth, I have enough brass to get myself started. I now have a pistol that will allow me to shoot every division that Glocks are allowed in, and with the appropriate caliber to be scored major.

The mods that I have have to the G24 are a little trigger work, Jager striker and recoil rod, and Dawson sights. I plan on slapping on a little grip tape, and I will be ready to dryfire the black off of that thing until my bullets come. With any luck, I'll be able to shoot it at Area 5 in 6 weeks :) I'll post some pictures of my new heater later on today as well.

My legs didn't want to work today, so I just lifted @ the gym. The end result...I can post my video nowishly as opposed to laterishly :)

I shot Limited minor again at this match, but instead of the magwell I just used a Seattle Slug. I really, REALLY liked that much more than the magwell...and I did not encounter any mag dropping issues. I am going to have to do much more testing in dryfire to see which will be ultimately better in the long run. I don't want to count out the magwell just yet...

th_05-02-2010Oxford.jpg

Fun weekend. I just added it up I drove 15+ hours over the almost 24 hour period, 2 matches, with a drunkin binge thrown in the middle and that combined with a jamming gun let's me throw down this challenge. It ain't over.

You will be afraid, you will

PB,

You are shooting your G34, right. What load are you using and what PF?

147g BBI bullet, 3.4g VV320 loaded to an oal of 1.150. It chronos at a 136pf.

I dryfired with my G24 tonight...it draws very well from my BladeTech holster. The weight difference is noticeable when transitioning wide distances, but I'm going to force myself to get used to the magwell. The combination of TruGrip all over and skate tape on the left side of the grip gives me the lock that I want but allows me to shift my strong hand to reach the mag button.

I have the trigger where I want it, and all I need to do now is get my bullets and dies in so I can load up a few rounds and take it to the range. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to shoot it this Sunday and Monday at Miamisburg. I have 1000 Fed primers (yea!) and 1000 CCI primers (boo!)...need to find a few more. A few more mags would not be a bad idea either.

Here are a few pix that I snapped just now:

DSCN2343.jpg

DSCN2346.jpg

Jeeze, it's like playing cards with my sister's kids...I went with the G24 because it is what Vogel, Sevigny, and Jesse shoot in Limited. AND I had a better deal on a G24 than a G35.

There's no need to reinvent the wheel when the top Glock shooters in the sport have done all of the research and development for me.

Jeeze, it's like playing cards with my sister's kids...I went with the G24 because it is what Vogel, Sevigny, and Jesse shoot in Limited. AND I had a better deal on a G24 than a G35.

There's no need to reinvent the wheel when the top Glock shooters in the sport have done all of the research and development for me.

Nice avatar.

More dryfiring with the G24...I am feeling and observing more differences...but feel that because I know that the gun is different that I want to perceive differences. The amount that I can observe via recoil is limited until my bullets come in, but maximized as I am feeling everything that the gun has to tell me with the exception of recoil.