Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Thanks guys :)

Like I told somebody else today, my performance was good enough to win the division, but was nowhere near where it could/should have been.

I'm off to rid myself of wouldas and couldas.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:bow:

Congrats in IN.

Good shootin with ya. It was a fun squad.

I'm off to rid myself of wouldas and couldas.

I hear ya. I've been re-running the stages in my head today... trying to run them how I WANTED them to go. I need to let it go....

Thanks for lettin me testdrive the 34.

Tell me, is that a stock or stock/polished trigger or aftermarket?

See ya at the IN Section.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Thanks for lettin me testdrive the 34.

Tell me, is that a stock or stock/polished trigger or aftermarket?

My pleasure. The trigger in my Production gun is my own polish and tweek. My Open gun has my Vanek in it.

wish i coulda met you there saturday but i shot sunday.

I'm sure that I'll catch you at the IN state match.

I got to see him Saturday.... Nice seeing ya again PB. Congrats on the win!

Likewise. I'm pretty fired up over what your BG Rockcastle club is evolving into!

PB I didn't get to see you shoot but just looking at your vids for the Indiana match I can at least take some comfort in the fact that my plans for the stages were the same as yours. Now I just need to work on execution. I'll tell you all about my issues later but congrats on your win.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Carter's classifier match went very well today. Although there was the threat of an apocalyptic storm, the rain held off just long enough to finish the match. I was going to shoot Open, but didn't want to get my STS optic waterlogged, so I shot Limited 10 with my Glock 34.

All in all, I shot well today...no penalties or ding-dong moments. 1 extra shot all day on Easy Street...it was the head shot in the middle array. It turned out that I didn't need it.

My splits felt a bit sluggish...

th_04-25-2010MRPC.jpg

No clue at this point. It felt okay, but I do not know my hits nor my time. Guess I'll need to wait until Chris posts the scores.

It looked like a good run. I did it today in 3.9 sec with 1 charlie.

Thanks King :) Results are indeed out. Kudos to Chris for milling though 70+ competitors in a timely manner!

jkatz, here are my scores from the match:

Capture.jpg

Kinda okay...not horrible for minor scoring. Six is going to be around 99%

I left my brain at home, but there were moments of strength today at Circleville during the rain match. I shot Limited minor for s's and g's. Having some issues with mags staying in, I learned several good Limited lessons. Another error that I have not made in some time, and will not make again, is switching my plan but failing to burn it into my subconscious. The end result of that snafu was not pretty.

th_05-01-2010Cville.jpg

Tomorrow is Oxford, and since I have just sold my G26, I will be picking up my LIMITED GUN!!!!!!! I am really, REALLY looking forward to shooting Limited for a while. Not the bs Limited minor that I have done all my life, but with real major power factor ammo and 40's n stuff.

It's gonna be a blast ;)

I left my brain at home, but there were moments of strength today at Circleville during the rain match. I shot Limited minor for s's and g's. Having some issues with mags staying in, I learned several good Limited lessons. Another error that I have not made in some time, and will not make again, is switching my plan but failing to burn it into my subconscious. The end result of that snafu was not pretty.

Tomorrow is Oxford, and since I have just sold my G26, I will be picking up my LIMITED GUN!!!!!!! I am really, REALLY looking forward to shooting Limited for a while. Not the bs Limited minor that I have done all my life, but with real major power factor ammo and 40's n stuff.

It's gonna be a blast ;)

Looked like a fun match. Video looks good. Looks like you took some shots that wouldn't have been in your stage plan.

Flyin

Having some issues with mags staying in...

Check your mag release spring... as in, take it out of the gun and replace it, ASAP.

Looked like great stages at C-ville. I was standing in line at the BMV. :(

Good times. :)

There was alot of competitive banter going on at that match, so later that night (after many, many adult beverages :cheers:) Bill, Micah, and myself decided it would be fun to see who was the so-called "King of Limited" and we all 3 shot the Oxford USPSA match today in Limited. But of course since Micah doesn't have a Glock .40 yet (well he does now actually Post-match) so he shot Limited minor again, and Bill did too. So I decided to make things sort of fair I would shoot Major but claim minor and let the chips fall where they may.

Micah shot a very good match with lots of Alphas ...... including one 27 round stage with 26 Alphas AND he shot it 1.5 seconds faster than me.

So anyways scores aren't out yet, but I'm curious to see how this turned out! Nice shooting today bro!

Having some issues with mags staying in...

Check your mag release spring... as in, take it out of the gun and replace it, ASAP.

Kyle it's not the mag rel. spring ......... it's the new magwell & ext. base pads. I think he failed to seat the mags properly. ;)

That match was pretty darn fun despite the crushing hangover ;)

Now last night was absolutely amazing. What I thought was a birthday dinner at my sister's townhouse turned into a big surprise birthday party! I was completely shocked, completely blown away, and completely blessed to have my friends and family come out to with me a happy b-day. Here's a pic from said party with Chris and Bill:

That match was pretty darn fun despite the crushing hangover ;)

Now last night was absolutely amazing. What I thought was a birthday dinner at my sister's townhouse turned into a big surprise birthday party! I was completely shocked, completely blown away, and completely blessed to have my friends and family come out to with me a happy b-day. Here's a pic from said party with Chris and Bill:

bday.jpg