Micah's Range Diary

Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why didn't the steel match matter? I lace up my gloves for every fight. Furthermore I fail to see the correlation between shooting Production and the assertion that it is not a "big boy gun" division.

On any given day, at any given match, against any given competitor, I have the capacity to win. From your sig line:

Fear...doubt...disbelief. Free your mind!

Those are the three things that I don't carry in my range bag...no matter how many times a teammate tries to sneak them in.

I'm just going to end this conflict and say that neither chris nor micah can stand up to Adrian, who shoots a stock glock in open division and puts 24 rounds of 9mm in a standard-legal magazine...

:roflol:

and micah, your bullets might be tumbling because you forgot to put powder in your cases, that's part of the "making major" process that we go through in limited division. i know you woulnd't know these things, so it's alright.

Just got back to the hotel from the Buckeye match...fun match! However...

...the additional grip tape in conjunction with a tungsten guiderod put my Production gun over by an ounce, so I had the pleasure of shooting Open. I need to buy a scale and weigh my Prod gun from here on out before going to a match. Just for s's and g's I had my Prod gun weighed with the original beat up lower, and it came out to being just fine. Hmmmm... I am MEGA pissed that I didn't bring enough ammo for my G24 to shoot the whole match...It would have been worth shooting for no score to get the early jump on trigger time.

Other than that I shot pretty well...I'm a little disappointed in the drop of energy that I felt once I was bumped into Open minor. I didn't "quit", but I allowed it to take the competitive fire out of my step. Better mental preparation would have helped with that.

Chris shot like a banshee! Best of luck to all of the competitors shooting tomorrow, especially the Prod shooters. Take home the wood baby :)

I'm working stage 2 tomorrow, so say hi when passing on through. Big thanks to Brian Hanna who was VERY kind when he informed me that I wasn't in Prod anymore, and for GIVING me an RO shirt for tomorrow.

Video later maybe...depending on how much I...um...eat at Roosters ;)

Lookin forward to seeing your video PB. It ended up being a pretty good day to shoot if you didnt mind the occasional swampy steel :roflol: Think those will rust??? I really appreciate you moving me up a place in production, I need all the help I can get :cheers:

Addict

:) Thanks guys. Dan did an amazing job running this match!

Chris won Limited and HOA, Bill won Open and ALMOST won HOA...and some dude won 2nd place D class Production and got a plaque. I asked him if it was his 1st shooting award, and it was. I told him to mount it on a wall and never lose it. My first shooting plaque is still my favorite :)

Gonna spend the rest of the night with my wife now.

Here are two pictures that the very lovely USPSA Lady took during the match. I asked her to delete the ones where I was crying behind the club house after getting bumped into Open:

MicahBarcello.jpg

ScoringandpastingDamnSlats.jpg

Cool. I'm officially finished with beating myself up over the Buckeye match and focused squarely on Area 5. No matches this weekend since it's the dreaded 5th Sunday of the month, but with two club matches next weekend I'll be grooved in for the 5.

I found another pic of myself at the Buckeye match...it warrants one more "atta boy" to Dan for putting on one hell of a match :cheers:

StevewoodwardMicahsetup.jpg

StevewoodwardMicahsetup.jpg

Dang Micah, I almost missed your range diary with the name change. No need to beat yourself up over the match. You did VERY well for getting bumped into minor open after having shot half the match with 10 round mags. Who is that good looking Addict next to you :surprise::roflol: