Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

I had to update my Vista service pack to get WMM to work Chris...be patient <_<

FINALLY an outdoor match! I missed being outside, warm, and shooting for months and months! Big thanks to Conrad, Chad, Flex, and all of the Cville posse for making it happen.

th_Circleville3-6-2010-1.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

th_Circleville3-6-2010-1.jpg

I saw this video on tv last night for "Best Cinematography" or "Best Video Editing" or something like that! :rolleyes::roflol:

Maybe it was "Best Special Effects In An Animated Short Film". Yeah .... that's the ticket!

:cheers:

Edited by Chris Keen

Vista huh? There's your problem! :rolleyes:

Urg! I'd almost rather do everything from my netbook that has Win7 starter installed...but I finally have Vista tweeked enough to not make me lose my mind.

That Jager flat runs.

It's all in the comp ;)

God, you suck.

Nice job...like that dot don't ya. ;)

It's been like shooting a whole different sport. I feel like I am learning the other half of the game...and slowly putting it all together.

Nice video PB, looks like your doing alot of shooting on the move :cheers:

After our end of year practice session SOTM has been my number 1 worked on skill. I'm getting there :D

The Miamisburg match is this weekend, and I think it is finally time that I earn a Master percentage to go with my Master in revolver :goof:

Urg!

I was all geared up to shoot Corey's "Battle in the Bluegrass" match this weekend, but a phonecall at 2am has successfully neutralized that. One of the very few members of my wife's family that I like succumbed to pneumonia. Right now, I feel angry and selfish...disappointed and relieved.

Everything dies.

Urg!

I was all geared up to shoot Corey's "Battle in the Bluegrass" match this weekend, but a phonecall at 2am has successfully neutralized that. One of the very few members of my wife's family that I like succumbed to pneumonia. Right now, I feel angry and selfish...disappointed and relieved.

Everything dies.

my condolences to you and your family

Edited by KING 45ACP

Urg!

Everything dies.

PB,

My condolences to you and to your family.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The funeral is this Saturday, which is why I cannot make Corey's match.

Ralph, it was groovy seeing you at Mburg, albeit only for a few minutes. Stick with Prod man!

So anyway I shot the Mburg club match tonight in Production...the last time I shot that gun, or any iron sighted gun, was in the Ohio Sectional Championship. It was an interesting experience going to irons from a dot. Things I noticed:

-After watching the video it confirmed that I was being too slow with my splits. The sights were on target, so I should have been pulling faster

-Either the different weight of the gun, or me second guessing my transitions dramatically s l o w e d down my transitions. Snap that lighter gun baby!

All in all it was fun, and felt natural. I missed counting to ten :)

th_03-15-10MburgMondays.jpg

Had the opportunity to shoot the Mburg Monday match again tonight, and once again had a blast. Shot Open this time around, and although the Open Glock ran wonderfully, my f*#king camera did not. I'm finished with that POS, and am on the prowl for a new one.

After talking to Chris, it appears that there is a whole weekend of shooting ahead of me! Cville has a Bianchi match on Saturday, and MRPC is having a real (as opposed to all classifier) match that Sunday.

I also got my squadding assignment for the Indiana SS/Prod/Revo match, and am with the RM,MD,QM...all the big whigs. I don't know if I should feel flattered if they want to pattern off of me, or in trouble if they are keeping a close eye on me ;)

To quote Lord Vader (Darth not Vince)" You have failed me for the last time."

Out with the GoProHero cam and in with the Tachyon head cam. It just hit my door today, and after a few tests, I feel that mounting it on top of my muffs will be the best placement. The overall design seems dramatically improved over the old headcam. I will get a chance to use it tomorrow in a Bianchi match at Cville and a USPSA match Sunday at MRPC.

Here's a little video from the testing:

th_Headcampreview.jpg

Thanks to sslav for the suggestion. At under $150, it was right in my price range.

Bianchi?

Yup. Google Bianchi Cup. Chris mentioned it to me and it makes complete sense. Shooting is shooting...and the Bianchi is all about type 3/4 target focus. There is no doubt that my time at that match will be spent learning.

Unfortunately I got a phone call earlier today that one of my uncles just passed away from a heart attack. That will make two deaths in two weeks :( I am not superstitious in the least...but the frequency is suspect. I may not be going to tomorrow's match after all. Sunday however is not in question.

The off season is officially over as now all of the local clubs are reinstating their monthly matches, and I could not be more pleased. MRPC hosted their first match of the year with dcarter stepping in to the MD role. Although it rained a bit and was kinda cold, I had a good time with my squad.

In this match I was able to give my new headcam it's first real test...and it worked exceptionally well! It is infinitely better than the old headcam.

th_3-28-2010MRPC.jpg

I feel that I shot pretty well today, no penalties and 2 extra shots...although there were several times that I could have snapped my transitions a bit faster.There was a mover at the match today that I have never encountered before (last stage in the video). After watching the film I completely did not shoot it correctly.

The off season is officially over as now all of the local clubs are reinstating their monthly matches, and I could not be more pleased. MRPC hosted their first match of the year with dcarter stepping in to the MD role. Although it rained a bit and was kinda cold, I had a good time with my squad.

In this match I was able to give my new headcam it's first real test...and it worked exceptionally well! It is infinitely better than the old headcam.

th_3-28-2010MRPC.jpg

I feel that I shot pretty well today, no penalties and 2 extra shots...although there were several times that I could have snapped my transitions a bit faster.There was a mover at the match today that I have never encountered before (last stage in the video). After watching the film I completely did not shoot it correctly.

Yeah I like that red prop in the last stage, pretty neat. Looks like you don't need a dot!cheers.gif

th_3-28-2010MRPC.jpg

PB,

Do you know your hit fact. on the classifier CM 99-16?