Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great, July, I have about two weeks that don't fall over another match I want to attend where I can take my family on a Vacation.

Lets see, Summer Blast, scheduled a year in advance.

CTI, Nearly a year in advance.

OK,, second and last week ends and corresponding weeks in July with really good not to miss matches and Nats look to fall there?

I would hope that USPSA would not sit Nats on top of Summer Blast. Week after, tight, week of just too wrong.

IF USPSA (Mike) would get its (his) act together, there would never be a conflict. Schedule Nats every year in last week of June, School is out, Temps are not too hot, but winter is gone and storm season is not really roaring in yet. Then all other matches can be scheduled. Even World Shoot won't be a problem, Vince Pinto says so. (See USPSA forums)

Moreover, the last four World Shoots were held in the 4 month period from August to November, and so will the next one, so holding a national championships in, say, July would never cause a conflict.

So lets get some pressure on our "leadership" set the freakin dates already. Set'em for this year and next and the next and the...

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, Summer Blast, scheduled a year in advance.

CTI, Nearly a year in advance.

OK,, second and last week ends and corresponding weeks in July with really good not to miss matches and Nats look to fall there?

I would hope that USPSA would not sit Nats on top of Summer Blast. Week after, tight, week of just too wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time that a nationals would be scheduled over another match. The attitude of the President in the past has been this is the nationals and you will need to reschedule your match.

Maybe it is time for the members to force a change in the bylaws that would require the matches to be scheduled by Sept 1 the previous year.

Maybe I am wrong, but it is my understanding that MV has not served as MD on any of the nationals since he was elected, rather he delegates the MD responsibilities and elects to be a competitior.

Shouldn't the President of an organization be there lending a helping hand, meeting members, filling in where needed instead of trying to win the match?

I emailed Mike Voigt about this and this is the email and responce.....

Hi Carl,

I understand the need for dates, I am awaiting a verbal agreement on the contract and then I will have dates posted on the USPSA website.

I could not set dates for this year’s Nationals until after World Shoot dates were set per USPSA BOD policy.

I will have future Nationals dates set far in advance.

Michael Voigt

President USPSA

IPSC Regional Director US Region

909 548-3355 Office

909 266-8005 FAX

President@uspsa.org

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:58 AM

To: president@uspsa.org

Subject: Nationals dates

Mr Voigt

I like many other shooters are wanting to know the dates for the 2008 nationals. Many of us need to submit vacation requests by mid December to sometime in January. I like many other shooters want to know when they will be so vacation can be scheduled.

When will the dates be announced?

Carl Provan

FY41404

Tournament Director.

Carl,

I would like to believe Mike.

If this is the case, why couldn't he simply have posted a note here, on USPSA Forums or maybe on the USPSA website?

Last issue of FrontSight, Mike states that August is WS month, Vince has since stated that the dates were provisional (Quoted above) and that if we put our Nats in July or earlier, we would be good to go. Surely Vince wouldn't lie to USPSA? Therefore Mike could have set the dates in June or July and we would all have our dates and all would be good. Then again perhaps Mike is smarter than we give him credit for. Look at it this way, what if IPSC changed the dates from August to July and placed the WS smack on top of one of our Nats? Also, unless we are going to run either one overall Nats or a Back to Back, we have to run two full on Nats before the WS.

I am of two minds. I have castigated Mike, but IF the dates are out very soon,in light of the major CHANGE in date by IPSC of the WS, I am willing to wait a few months and see if the dates for 2009 are published. Maybe we'll see '09 by end of July? That would go a long way toward rebuilding our confidence in our elected leaders.

Jim

Carl,

If this is the case, ......

Jim

Jim I agree with you. I like many other shooters on this forum are or have run out of time to submit vacation requests. WS in August or later, US Nationals in July what is the problem. The email I posted is dated 12/30/07. The Front Sight went to print in November, and if I remember correctly the WS dates just recently changed.

I do hope we get dates for the Nationals soon, other wise my vacation will be riding my HD somewhere, and it will likely not be to the Nationals.

Carl,

If this is the case, ......

Jim

Jim I agree with you. I like many other shooters on this forum are or have run out of time to submit vacation requests. WS in August or later, US Nationals in July what is the problem. The email I posted is dated 12/30/07. The Front Sight went to print in November, and if I remember correctly the WS dates just recently changed.

I do hope we get dates for the Nationals soon, other wise my vacation will be riding my HD somewhere, and it will likely not be to the Nationals.

World Shoot 2008 is 27 October - 1 November

With match check-in being 22-25 October

http://www.selpro.com.hk/ipsc1/main.htm

I agree. It sounds like excuses or too much politics involved too me. If they set a standard weekend it places the problem on eveyrone else to schedule around it instead of Nationals trying to coordinate a date sround events.

Yup, they sure are, and a few weeks ago they were in August.

Also please note that the website you are referring to is Vince Pinto's and NOT IPSC's. That said, is this official? When will IPSC make the dates official on their OWN website? Why hasn't IPSC made an official announcement?

Let's have some fun; IPSC is waiting for Mike and Mike is waiting on IPSC. Wasn't there a movie about this in the 70's "Catch 22"

Jim

Yup, they sure are, and a few weeks ago they were in August.

Also please note that the website you are referring to is Vince Pinto's and NOT IPSC's. That said, is this official? When will IPSC make the dates official on their OWN website? Why hasn't IPSC made an official announcement?

Let's have some fun; IPSC is waiting for Mike and Mike is waiting on IPSC. Wasn't there a movie about this in the 70's "Catch 22"

Jim

Jim, in checking the IPSC site, I don't know what's official or scheduled.

That's downright strange - almost makes me think there is a power struggle somewhere, or money issues, or ??

From the IPSC calender

Match Details

Match Name: World Shoot XV

Level: V

Region: Indonesia

City: Bali

Match Date: 2008-10-26 (7 days)

Discipline: Handgun

Number of Stages: 36

Registration Deadline: 2008-06-30

Contact E-mail:

Edited by Carl Provan

From the IPSC calender

Match Details

Match Name: World Shoot XV

Level: V

Region: Indonesia

City: Bali

Match Date: 2008-10-26 (7 days)

Discipline: Handgun

Number of Stages: 36

Registration Deadline: 2008-06-30

Contact E-mail:

Yeah, but it still says "Pending" next to it. They ought to know by now if the WS is going to be a Level V or not ;)

It wouldn't be the first time that a nationals would be scheduled over another match. The attitude of the President in the past has been this is the nationals and you will need to reschedule your match.

Maybe it is time for the members to force a change in the bylaws that would require the matches to be scheduled by Sept 1 the previous year.

Maybe I am wrong, but it is my understanding that MV has not served as MD on any of the nationals since he was elected, rather he delegates the MD responsibilities and elects to be a competitior.

Shouldn't the President of an organization be there lending a helping hand, meeting members, filling in where needed instead of trying to win the match?

We just had an election, you had your chance for a change. Now we have what we have for another term. Get used to it.

What prizes are given at a USPSA Nationals?

Cash, trophy, visit to Prize Table?

Don't go to the nationals for the prize table. Unless you finish fairly high up, you most likely won't get anything of too much value. I finished 27th Limited last year and got a $99 barrel. BUT, that's not why I went. The Nationals is an incredible experience, and one you should'nt pass up on. The prize is the match...Consider anything you take home a bonus.

But to answer your question, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, you visit the prize table based on your finish, but others may be mixed in before you...ie top 16 first, then first in class, high junior etc, then picking back up with finisher #17.