Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Sight's

Sunuva

I did a search and didn’t find quiet what a was looking for and I was interested on what every body likes in sights

I have a set of tru-glow for over a year but I need a smaller front sight

This is what im looking at right now

Heinie Glock Slant Pro rear sight with a Dawson fiber optic front sight. Rear sight has recessed dovetail set screw for added security. Fiber optic rod is sized .040. Front sight is .105 wide and .225 tall.

Let me know what you think and what you are running

Thanks Robert.

Duh, your heinie is in the rear. :rolleyes:

I Sugest red Dawson fiber front about .105, and Heinie or Dawson FIXED rear sights. aprox ~.135

Sight it in well, and forget it. Shoot well. B)

How do you sight in fixed sights for elevation?

-Cuz.

I Sugest red Dawson fiber front about .105, and Heinie or Dawson FIXED rear sights. aprox ~.135

-Cuz.

Its called Kentucky windage :lol:

-Cuz.

The height of the sights is already regulated such that they are most always dead on for the loads we tend to use.

I and a few others in my area use the Dawson Narrow Front/ Custom Glock Racing Race Cut Heinie Slant-Pro in the rear.

I love 'em, as do all the others.

A note for you may be to sand off the finish a bit on the replacement rear sigt where it slides in to the slide. I couldn't get mine in even with the sight pusher until I did it. Don't take off any metal, just a bit of the paint.

I've got the Dawson adjustables full set and they're pretty sweet. Don't know if I totally like the green dots in the rear blade, but since I don't shoot the pistol that much to begin with, I suppose I'll get over it.

They're sweet and were a breeze to install.

Rich

I use the Sevigny competetion sights with a FO front for daylight and the TruGlo TFO for low light. Before I go the Sevigny's I was using Glock standard rears with HiViz front. I find the Sevigny's are easier to center the front sight in the notch quickly.

Keith

I've got the Dawson adjustables full set and they're pretty sweet. Don't know if I totally like the green dots in the rear blade, but since I don't shoot the pistol that much to begin with, I suppose I'll get over it.

They're sweet and were a breeze to install.

Rich

Rich,

Is it just my perception or is the rear notch on the Dawson adjustables cut shallower than normal? If there is such a thing as a normal notch size.

-Cuz.

What is the difference in the race cut and none race cut?

And is it worth the extra 35 or so dollars.

Robert

FWIW I have Heine's on all my Glocks and love them. My first set of Heine's are on my 17 and has the SlantPro Straight Eight with the Tritium setup and they are great. My34 has the Slant Pro race cut I wouldn't have anything else. Much better sight picture. My 22 will have Slant Pro Straight Eight Race Cut. IMO well worth :D the price difference. The rear notch on the race cut is .156 and a front post of .125 .....excellent.

Edited by robb