Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoes

Flexmoney

I'm looking through Henning's website. He and a couple of Grand Masters are on a trip and hanging out at Taran Bulter's range. He posted a video of Chris Tilley running through a stage. Chris is our USPSA Nationals Champion in Open division, and he nearly captured the Limited title this year as well. Chris is well known for his locomotion and his ability to shoot on the move.

Take a look at the video. You should note how important appropriate footwear can be in our game: Tilley on the move <clickity>

Flex showed up at a local club match once wearing similar footwear because he forgot to pack his shoes, and I thought "Oh yes, I got 'em NOW!"

Well, I still cant figure out how he beat me on (most) every stage by 1 - 2 seconds.

I still got you on that classifier Flex :o

;)

I've thought about shooting in Tevas once or twice (though not flip flops...). I've long held that footwear didn't matter anywhere near as much as technique, overall... Where the footwear seems to help is when you're moving agressively on a surface that can be slick...

After almost busting ass twice in those situations this year, I switched to Underarmour Hammers (cleats), which seem to be working out nicely...

$20 to the first person to shoot and area or nationals and win thier class wearing sandals.

You're on! 2007 Area 6, Top B-Class Revolver!

Won't be flip-flop's, though. Probably Keen or Tevas.

B)

Flex showed up at a local club match once wearing similar footwear because he forgot to pack his shoes, and I thought "Oh yes, I got 'em NOW!"

Well, I still cant figure out how he beat me on (most) every stage by 1 - 2 seconds.

I still got you on that classifier Flex :o

;)

Yeah, I remember that day...and that Bodyguard classifier...

Stage 4 Body Guard 1

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Chris Keen 16 M Production 50 0 10.87 4.5998 60.0000 100.00%

2 Kyle Farris 26 M Production 49 10 10.08 3.8690 50.4674 84.11%

3 Micah Barcelo 15 C Production 48 0 13.83 3.4707 45.2720 75.45%

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Let's get this pot growing. Anybody else?

Someone drop an email to Chris T and tell him we'll get together $1000 if he'll shoot the Nationals in his flip flops next year and he wins.... :D heh heh.... Call it the "Teva Contingency Program".