Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Just Did The Unthinkable

zhunter

You might want to invest in some long sleeved shirts to cover the tracks on your arms (from sparks and broken cut-off wheels). I have a 2 Dremel habit. The corded for long sessions and the cordless for a quick and easy fix. :ph34r:B)

You can never turn back. The gun is now a "tool" to be modified and changed to suit your needs and comfort..... ;)

And COMFORT is the freakin' reason I took the dreaded Dremel tool to my rear sight on my Springer loaded .45 single stacker.

The rear sight was squared off on the top right and left corners.

OUCH!!!

And with the serious repetition of yesterdays session with Manny Bragg, I have less skin on my right thumb than I started with at the beginning of the lesson.

So.....

I NOW have a rear sight with nicely rounded corners that will NEVER again gouge my hands!!!!

I "bit the bullet" so to speak, bought a corded model!! :blink:

That's good ---- now run, do not walk, to the nearest hardware store, and buy a cordless model for your tool/spare parts bag, so the next time something hurts in class or during practice, you can fix it immediately.....

......just wait until the day you start disassembling your car or house......

Put down the dremel tool and come out with your hands up

Someone from the Guild will be by to collect the offending device, destroy it and mail your pistol to a smith of our chosing for a full sight replacment.

If we let you get away with this whats next, a flex shaft or maybe blue tanks in the garage?

Where will it end.

There is a 12 Step Program for Dremel addiction. I agree with Pat - get a Foredom. That's a real man's grinder!!! A Dremel is like a bicycle with training wheels. Vertical mill? I don't need no stinking vertical mill if I have a Foredom. Wish they had a 1/2 hp model.

Luckily, I am incompetent enough not to get myself in trouble.

:lol: Knowing your limitations is always a good thing! I used to have root access to a large corporations servers. Did I know everything you should know if you have that kind of access? Definitely not! But I did know what I should do and how to do it without blowing anything up. So I minded my p's and q's and all went well.

Rule #2---Never drink and Dremel blink.gif

I don't even go in the room with the Dremel when I am drinking! :lol::ph34r:

-ld

I just did something I thought I would NEVER do!!!

I took a dremel tool to one of my guns.

Is there any going back once you have gone down this road?

:wacko:

And shooters refer to shooting an open gun as "Going to the Dark Side" You'll never go back. :D

Just remember not to go nuts all at once. Go nuts a little at a time!