Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xl650: No More Primers On My Floor!

I dont understand. I've loaded maybe 1500 rounds on my new 650 and I havent noticed one spent primer not being captured by the spent primer tray. Am I just lucky?

Yes, you are or they are good at hiding from you ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont understand. I've loaded maybe 1500 rounds on my new 650 and I havent noticed one spent primer not being captured by the spent primer tray. Am I just lucky?

The 650 I use for large primers almost never let one get away. The one I keep setup for small primers spit them out all the time.

I have a SDB mounted on a strong mount and I fixed the problem this way. I took the top off a slim wooden cigar box and slid it under the primer cup. Rarely does one bounce out and it also catches any polishing media left in the brass when it falls out during depriming. I thought that was a fairly simple fix.

You should buy a lottery ticket!

No, I've bought many lotto tickets and am still poor. All of my luck must have been used up on my not having problems with small primers missing the spent primer container. I wish it was the other way around though because if I had hit the lotto I could pay someone to pick up the primers. :cheers:

No, I've bought many lotto tickets and am still poor. All of my luck must have been used up on my not having problems with small primers missing the spent primer container. I wish it was the other way around though because if I had hit the lotto I could pay someone to pick up the primers. :cheers:

Yeah, but where else can you buy so much hope for $1?

Yeah, but where else can you buy so much hope for $1?

I'm on my way to buy one now after having it presented to me that way.

If anyone is interested, after a bunch of recent requests I have started making my XL650 Spent Primer Upgrades again, there back on eBay if anyone is still looking for one.

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Steve -

Can you provide a link I can't seem to find it on ebay.

Thanks,

William

This was my solution, about $.03 worth of electrical tape. Think of the tape in 3rds. The bottom third goes on the cup. The top third gets folded back onto the middle third. I tried the shell casing. It worked great on my SDB, but not so much on my 650. This cheap and simple solution solved all of my spent primer problems.

IMG_4072.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Back by popular demand :goof: If anyone is still interested I have more of the Dillon XL 650 Spent Primer Upgrade's available, Ebay Item # 280599577270.

Thanks to everyone for the support, :)

-Steve

Just ordered one from you off eBay!