Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Summer Blast

In response to the numerous emails, PMs & phone calls:

If the update had occurred Wednesday, I would have made all the changes. Summer Blast is a multi-day match that started before the updates were available. I will not update while the match is in progress. The match results are based on the classifications in effect at the time that the first shot was fired in the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Statistician

Jim, I read it as the match will be scored on the shooters classification on Wednesday and will not be updated. Matches are hard enough to pull off but rechecking 300+ shooters classifications and re-assiging would be a little too much to expect. But hell I am wrong 90% of the time according to my wife :lol:

Randal

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I read it as the match will be scored on the shooters classification on Wednesday and will not be updated. Matches are hard enough to pull off but rechecking 300+ shooters classifications and re-assiging would be a little too much to expect. But hell I am wrong 90% of the time according to my wife :lol:

Randal

This is my understanding (they were using the class info as of Wed) based on Linda talking about this topic at the shooters meeting Friday morning.

Jw

Edited by j2fast

I shot there sat and man was it fun coreses were good RO staff were nice . And the weather was good and no mud . Job well done to people that were there running it and the ROs . The food that was serived was good as well and there was planty of water around . :cheers: See you next year

g10mm

Final results are now posted on the USPSA website & will be on the match website shortly (after I get a meal). Results on the web page will include LEO & MIL added to the appropriate shooters. Also, the website will have a link to the IWLA Range website where shotgun side match results will be posted.

I plan to create a match picture gallery similar to last year. Please email me anything you want me to include.

To answer questions about the update: I do not plan to update. We started the match under one classification file & will finish it on that one. If there is a major match somewhere that updates after the shooting has started, I never heard about it. There is a bit of precedent to not changing after the match starts: For the age categories, it is the age at the start of the match. If a junior shooter turns 18 during a multi-day event, they are a junior for the entire event because that is how they started.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Summer Blast Statistician

I shot on Friday afternoon and really enjoyed it. I would have to say that it was deceptively easy and I certainly got caught! Three no-shoots and two misses, good night! What a great match though! I've been fortunate enough to make it to every Summer Blast since the start, and this one was the best yet. Once again this dedicated crew has pulled off a dandy. Thanks a million guys, you're the best. It was great to see everybody (friends: shooters & RO's) once again, always a pleasure. Congratulations to the winners too! :cheers:

Edited by Turtle

This was a great match that really made you think; at least it did me... Shot with some good folks on squad 15, made major (which was a concern), had great weather, and had fun. Thanks to all that put it on, can't wait for next year.

That *was* a really nice match.

I'm a bit troubled by how poorly I shot, but regardless -- great stages, great staff, and a really fun squad. I enjoyed meeting a few Enos forum members, and found out one is going to become a Tarheel. (Hiya Bruce!). Met Flex and Steve Moneypenny, too, for the first time.

It's funny -- normally I prepare all my gear and fret and worry needlessly. This time I trusted my Lee FCD completely and didn't case-gauge a round. Nor did I chrono -- figured there was plenty of load data on .40 minor, which there is.

So on the first stage, had a horrible jam, that I made worse by "helping" the slide closed. And, my Production load ran 150 pf. :) I also don't know the rules as thoroughly as I should. I stopped myself mid-stage, when I came across a target that was un-pasted. Mistake, and my fault. I started up again after a fair pause, but lost my place. Ugh. But none of the above much matters when you're throwing a mike or two, stage after stage after stage, and C and D hits. It's crazy, and frustrating.

Even El Pres, which I was psyched for, never having shot it in a 'real' match, was disappointing after shooting it in 6.13 -- for me, right fast -- but with 6 C's. 48 bloody points.

I thought the stages were most excellent. A lot of them seemed simple, as Turtle says, but a single step too far, and you wouldn't see a target. Can't say enough for the staff, either. They were cheerful, and efficient. I noticed after some long damn days, Linda was regularly updating the scores, and offered to take cell phone #'s, if some folks were going to be on the road, and unable to check scores(!!!). Good stuff, and great match. :)

+1 to all the previous comments about the excellence of this match. I had a great time, wish I had shot better, but will be back again next year.

Hope to see many of you this coming weekend at the Area 7/AWARE match hosted by GMPS in Morrisville, VT.

My first Blast - awesome match. The competitor pool it drew is what the game is all about.

Creative and deceptive stages, fantastic & friendly RO's - many of whom I have had the pleasure to meet or shoot with before, and staff that just won't quit. Larry, Linda and the rest of the behind the scenes folks deserve more kudos than we can heep on them.

Looking forward to next year!

I would like to thank Linda Chico and Larry Houck for hosting an excellent match. Everyone at the match from the vendors to the range staff were very friendly and helpful. The stages were the most enjoyable that I have shot so far this year. If anyone from Area 6 was there I hope you can appreciate the work Linda has put in to the match. You guys are lucky to have her want to run for area director and your very fortunate to have someone like her put that kind of energy into a job that certainly does not pay what the job requires. Thank you once again for running Summer Blast and making it what it has become today. H

:cheers:

The match was truely awesome. I enjoyed it. Vince I was happy to entertain you this weekend. Especially on the El Prez Stage. Thanks to everyone who helped run the match. I will be back next for sure.

This was one of the BEST match ever put together the stages were awesome and the people were great...but this was my very worst performance that i ever shot hope i do better next year... :cheers:

Larry , Linda and the rest of the crew THANKS!!!!!! :D:D:D

Edited by ogiebb

Great match! All of the staff really busted their hump to make this machine run smoothly. I can't recall the last match I shot where there were NO pileups on stages!

+1 to being deceptively simple. Tight shots and no shoots make you really ponder your strategy.

The match was truely awesome. I enjoyed it. Vince I was happy to entertain you this weekend. Especially on the El Prez Stage. Thanks to everyone who helped run the match. I will be back next for sure.

Since I entertain you guys at the local matches, it was the least you could do - the squad loved it and you got the standing "O" with applause!

You placed 15 of 43, not too shabby at all!

My son and I shot the match on Friday. It was our first Summer Blast and only my son's 4th match. I have to echo what everyone else has said about the quality of the match and the great work by all the staff, RO's, etc. We really enjoyed getting to see some top shooters like Dave Sevigny, Scott Warren and Todd Sindelar shoot. I think next year we'll have to plan in some extra time to see some more!

Jim

Great match, Many thanks to all who put it on!

Always wish I shot better, ( two rare malfuctions ) but that's the way the mop flops!

And I got to meet that famous Flexmoney!

Good time!

SUMMER BLAST

truely the name says it all, BLAST!!!!!!!

More thanks to Larry, Linda and the entire crew for spending thier time

away from thier family and personal life to put on such a great match.

Ditto on all other comments...........

Also to the great group of shooters I had the chance to shoot with,

and the new friends made.

Thanks again to all crew members

I,ll be back next year for sure

Are apps out yet?????

Gary

Larry and Linda, great match. I really enjoyed this one and met some real nice people this year. Can't wait until next year.

Linda, are you guys going to post the winners of the raffles too? Just wondering.

thanks again

Tom

As a staff member I'd like to thank my fellow staff members for working their butts off and keeping everything on a perfect schedule. And I would like to thank all of the shooters for helping paste and moving along at a steady pace, Great seeing everyone again!

Awesome match!

Let's all add a BIG thank you to everyone that contributed to the 2007 Summer Blast.

It remains one of the better matches of the season for us. Well planned, very well run and very welcoming to the shooters. I notice how folks come from all directions to shoot this match now. It has expanded greatly in the last few years and the word is out. The Summer Blast is a Blast.

Larry Houck- good job, good planning and good cause.

Linda Chico - GREAT work. You are so organized and efficient, it makes it so easy for everyone. We have learned to expect and appreciate your efficiency so much. NO ONE administrates and manages a match better anywhere. THANK YOU so much for being so accomodating and available for us. Area 6 is fortunate to have you...Continued Good Luck

Howard Thompson - Thanks for upgrading the facility and making it available for the match. It looks great and your hospitality is appreciated.

Also another thank you for the time Gary Stevens and Alan Meek spent chatting with us about the USPSA elections and issues of concern for the membership. They helped articulate their positions well and made themselves available to everyone thoughout the day.

GREAT MATCH...hope to see you all next year again. :cheers:

YES! Awesome match. I had a great time. I have to say it was the smoothest run major match I have ever been to. Thanks to all the other staff and all the shooters for keeping the match moving along quickly. I hope I get the chance to work this match again next year. Y'all were great!

Dittos on the kudos. The '07 Blast was a great event!! Thanks to everybody who pitched in to make it a great match--Sam and I really had a good time, and we especially enjoyed seeing lots of our friends there.