2006 Uspsa Open/production Nationals

short_round

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... here are some more.

eat_here.jpg

We stopped for lunch here on the way to the range while waiting for a train to clear the road ... they slice the meat right before they put it on the sandwich and they make it big! This is highly recommended.

dawn_day3a.jpg

Dawn on Day 3. First shot at 8:00am. It was a little cold, but it warmed up quickly. The hardest part was having the sun come up right behind targets you were trying to shoot at.

shooter_services.jpg

The gals from shooter services were great! The even brought coffee to the RO's running the stages.

... more to come.

Here is a article with a picture (of yours truly) about the match that was in the Tulsa World newspaper today. My father in-law was looking through the sports section and exclaimed "Hey, isn't that you?"

USSA Tulsa World News Article

Kind of a surprise that even though the reporter lists the uspsa website,

he didn't look at it to verify any kind of details... <_< urban combat? :angry: Scoring? :huh:

Shooters who put the most bullets into silhouette targets, or knock down the most steel plates, in a minimum amount of time, are winners.

Here's another short blurb. I wonder if Jerry will be dropping Kay off in Hopewell on his way back to Shreveport? Louisiana - Virginia, I could see where you could get the two states mixed up. :huh:

Although maybe it's true that there is no such thing as bad publicity....At least we made it into the paper. As a matter of fact, when some of us ladies were at the grocery store, the butcher, who had read the second article, saw our shirts and started chatting with us about the match.

Edited by carinab

those aren't berms-their friggin levees! can't get over how steep they are. is that grass doesn't take root, first winter they'll be a lot lower...

I talked to Tom Fee about the construction and watched the 360 bay berm being built all week. The berms are built in 6"-12" lifts, each lift is compacted to 98% using a sheepsfoot roller, then each lift is tested by a soil engineer. Excavators are brought in for the finish grade, one to rough out the cut on the berm banks and the other to finish grade the banks. At 98% compaction and turf cover, I doubt you will see much erosion.

Here's some vids to hold you guys over :D

My Best Run (see Open Nats Update Thread)

Can you shoot splits like this?

Anderson Stage 10

Anderson Stage 11

Brad

I'll try to post some more for y'all later today!

AHrr Ahh

I can't get this great video to run on any computer. Help!

I am trying to share it with some friends

Jf

The old-old Windows Media Player has a lot less garbage in its software code & runs those videos perfect for me.

Save the vids to hdisk and then try clicking Start - Run - [type in] mplayer2 - OK

When the window opens hit File - Open - Browse and go to the video files & play them.

It's really easy to go to Options and associate all media files with the old player OR open WMP #9 and reassociate media files to wmp9. I like the equilizer on wmp9 for music.

Here's some vids to hold you guys over :D

My Best Run (see Open Nats Update Thread)

Can you shoot splits like this?

Anderson Stage 10

Anderson Stage 11

Brad

I'll try to post some more for y'all later today!

AHrr Ahh

I can't get this great video to run on any computer. Help!

I am trying to share it with some friends

Jf

right click on the link and "save target as" to your computer, then use widows media player. that's what i did to view the clips.

lynn

Edited by lynn jones