Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new open gun in 9mm Major built by Doug Jones at Acc-U-Rail. CK Arms slide/frame, SV Grip, Binary Engineering comp, Cheely 90 degree setback, Brazos XL Zigracker. I also had him fit another barrel in .38 SC with a Cheely 4 port comp. Hoping to get out Thursday afternoon to shoot it.

5667415.jpg

5667416.jpg

5667417.jpg

5667418.jpg

Very nice gun, built by a guy that know a little about guns too. I want to ask if the slide racker is the ball/detent and swichable from left to right? Doug did that per your request, correct? Great idea.

Nice gun

Appreciate your response. Glad the comp works well. Could I ask if your gun is a two- or three-port hybrid barrel? I can see two holes but want to make sure.

Also, are there "standard" specs on how much and where the hole at the top of the comp is to be cut? Thanks.

There are two Benny Hill "Hell Holes" in the barrel which I believe are 3/16", the barrel is 4.9" so it's sort of a mid length bull barrel gun. I bought the comp used with the slot already cut in the top; from all the pictures I've seen of these comps, some have holes in the comp, some have slots, but they all seem to incorporate at least some barrel ports. This one looks like it has seven holes in the barrel plus the slot in the comp:

pre_1393901976__1781166_1020351699258472

I like the Akai guns

You can have a small notch ( shallow) cut in the slide you just need to be careful of the firing pin channel. If you do cut into the channel mount the racker and check for function. You may need to notch the slide-racker to allow the pin to work properly, then again maybe not??? Good luck, I am thinking of doing to the same..

@ a matt, here is the pic I was trying to find. I didn't know how to send it to you in a message.

But look how this is cut behind the hood. That's why I thought with my gun there would be enough meat left to cut one or a custom one in.

CHECKSLIDE_zpskkc5ugol.jpg

You can have a small notch ( shallow) cut in the slide you just need to be careful of the firing pin channel. If you do cut into the channel mount the racker and check for function. You may need to notch the slide-racker to allow the pin to work properly, then again maybe not??? Good luck, I am thinking of doing to the same..

Perfect

Edited by kneelingatlas

@ a matt, here is the pic I was trying to find. I didn't know how to send it to you in a message.

But look how this is cut behind the hood. That's why I thought with my gun there would be enough meat left to cut one or a custom one in.

CHECKSLIDE_zpskkc5ugol.jpg

Wow, that is close. I have no experience with any gun cut that close. I mean it could just fine. But I just can't say for sure. Seems like that must be ok. Sorry..

• 2 weeks later...