Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann Vs. Nowlin

kennya

I am looking for people's opinions when it comes to barrels. I am building a 40 limited gun and I am at the point where I need to choose a barrel. I have heard a few questionable things about Schuemann's quality recently and this has made think about other barrel manufactures out there. There are so many to choose from and not a lot of discussion to be found on the web. The other barrel I have be looking closely at is Nowlin.

Schuemann makes the best barrels out there. The "problem" that you are likely hearing about is that his AET barrels (a different design from conventional) can be finicky with undersized projectiles. They often require that the projectiles, particularly plated ones, be at the larger end of the usual tolerance.

If you intend to shoot this type of projectile, one of his conventionally rifled barrels might be a better choice. Otherwise, the AET is THE most accurate barrel that I have seen with first quality jacketed ammo.

Nowlin made great barrels and I have had several of them. No complaints with any that I have had. More recently, I have heard a few negative comments about their products in general. I have not used any of their barrels recently and cannot confirm or deny any of the rumors.

Good luck.

Fact of the matter is that both of those barrels would probably be a good choice. So would Bar-Sto, for that matter. Chuck and Dan are reporting good success w/ KKM. As long as its fit by a skilled and reputable smith, I don't think you can go wrong w/ any of those... ;)

Does anyone know where you can find Kart Stainless Steel bull barrels in 40 S&W. I think I have found a constant across the web everyone who has use a Kart barrels loves them.

I got mine through Doug Jones of Acc-u-rail.

www.acc-u-rail.com

Does anyone know where you can find Kart Stainless Steel bull barrels in 40 S&W. I think I have found a constant across the web everyone who has use a Kart barrels loves them.

I got mine through Doug Jones.

www.acc-u-rail.com

Kart or Schueman. Kart doesnt make stainless barrels though, if that is a need. I had some bad experiences with Nowlin and will not buy one of their barrels. I have a a Shueman in .40Bull bbl and a classic in 9x19. They both shoot very small groups at 25 and 50yds. Good luck,

DougC

Schuemann, Nowlin, Kart, Bar-Sto. I have all them. They all are awesome.

All were fitted by nationally known guys. That makes all the difference in the world.

My next is going to a have Schuemann because Wil promised the quickest delivery.

You might want to call SV, they are now producing barrels. Wil helped set the shop up.

Does Schemann have a website? I am looking for a Schemann barrel that does not have the holes in the top of the barrel. I have a Caspian Open gun that has a Schemann barrel that has the holes on top. The slide is also notched on top for the barrel.

I have looked all over the web and I can't find anything on Kart bull barrels. I am going to try and call Kart on Monday. I wonder everyone find these Kart bull barrels or if they even exist?????

I have checked brownells and midway and neither has any bull barrels.