Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann Vs. Nowlin

kennya

Hmmm:

Wil Schuemann is a scientist,I like that !; ;) altho Kevin at KKM worked with Wil

for a while,Ive used I think every barrel out their at one time or another

I dont think their is a spits worth of differance for the short term, Ive got

abarrel of Wil's thats a Hybrecomp that has around 80,000 rounds through

it (38 super),I have a Nowlin that has a similiar round count throught it

in a 40. If a barrel is done right it;ll last a long long time,especially if

ya use Wil's recommendations with cleaning them!!!!

Jim Anglin

Sailors Custom Pistols :rolleyes:

I currently am shooting a .40 SV with 111,000 rounds on it. It's on it's second Schuemann barrel which is just over 50,000 in the log book. I keep a log for taxes and usage so when I hear folks say how many rounds they have in a gun I can be skeptical. At the pressures we shoot for Super (I do too) I don't see a barrel lasting all that long (50,000??) Wil's website estimates a Super barrel is gone inside 10,000 depending on the powder used!

I had another .40 SV rebuilt last week with an AET left hand gain twist AND the Titanium coating.

As long as I don't break a lug or ? it ought to shoot longer than a regular 416 barrel. The barrel in the first SV .40 still shoots brass jacketed bullets but won't shoot plated or lead bullets without keyholing.

I also see KKM is now offering a bull barrel for 1911 guns...hmmmm????

Wil says .002" of wear at the throat means it's time for a new barrel. I've gone way beyond that but he is very scientific in his approach and the barrels will last longer.

schuemann barrels

I contacted Mr. Kart via email. He informed me that Kart Barrel does not produce any Bull Barrels. Anyone who would like to contact Kart via email I am putting the email down below. I guess I am going to wait on a Schuemann. Mr. Schuemann said it would be a 2 month wait.

kartbarrel@atmc.net

Can someone tell me where I can find Schuemann barrels? I can't seem to find any stores that has any stock. Thanks so much! :D

I have found them on Brownells (just standard barrels no-aet). I went to Schuemann's website called and ordered one directly from schuemann. It's a two month wait though.

If I remember right I believe Wil said some powders like AA7 are more corrosive or erode the barrels faster than others. I don't recall all the info but temperature and burning speed may contribute to barrel errosion....