Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving up in USPSA Class for 2003

Jon Merricks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know you shot much Prod, Kyle.

I usually like to shoot Major. But, my gun is Productin legal and I'll run in Production every so often (Limited is tougher for me...so that is what I try to focus on).

And to think that just two years ago we were both lowly C class shooters....

I was pretty happy when I got my C card too. :)

And here I am trying to get classified before Area 2. I'm hoping for C, but that's only if I can pick up where I left off (which was with an 11% thanks to limp-wristing and gun malfs that totally tanked the 1st official classifier that I shot). The second is in the C-span (no pun intended), but has yet to be posted to the database-- I'm guessing because of whatever failure there was.

QD, I'll email you through the forum. I REALLY want a copy of that photo. :D

Kyle:

That's great. I love to see guys rock with Glock, it silences the critics. I have had several Glocks but they point a bit high so I had grip reductions done...but that's not Production legal. All of this talk about Production cost me a bunch of bucks at the local gun store tonight. I bought a CZ 75, holster, ammo... Just what I need, another gun and another division. :wacko:

Heh... thanks guys! Rhino hooked me up last night. :)

I did grab the larger photo from your site, warp... thanks!

That is a classic. Tomorrow I'll be clogging up email arteries all over the country getting it to friends. I'm kinda demented when it comes to cats... often compared to George in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. :D

Thanks, d00ds!!!

Well I'll be darned. I got a new card in the mail today, three days behind you other guys. I had 6 Open classifers that hadn't been processed and I knew it was gonna be close...finally got over the hump. Made Open Master and it really feels good. I can't tell you how many hours I put into shooting my Open blaster this summer. Three matches a month (or more), daily dry fire, live fire four times (or more) per week, split between wheel gun and Open. I got to the point of burnout so I stopped shooting Open a month ago and I am back to the single stack.

It gets even better. I shot Raw Deal with my single stack at a match yesterday. It didn't go real well as far as the time (the reload in particular) but I had nine A hits, 2 Charlies, and 1 Delta so the points were purdy good. My unofficial calculation puts the score at 86 per cent and that should bring my over all L10 per centage up to 84 per cent and change. Hmmm....we have a four classifier special coming up Sunday consisting of Indoor Rapid Fire Standards, Man Down, Take Your Choice, and the Mini-Mart. Looks like Limited 10 Master is in the bag (positive thinking). On to Production with the new CZ.

Matt:

That's what I am thinking too. Getting all of the shots off on Indoor Rapid Fire Standards is a piece of cake so the percentage will be whatever I get on the target faces. The Mini-Mart has always treated me well and I have the psychological advantage of having shot it Limited at well over 100 per cent. Unlike the Little Red Train that "thinks it can", I "know" I can.