Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Championship

don't mind spending the funds...just want a nice place that's not too far away - What mall area are you talking about Shaun?

Believe it or not, Wichita Falls does actually have a mall. :P

As you leave 287 and are taking 82/Kell west to the range, you pass Kemp Ave.... take a left on Kemp, follow it about a mile or so to intersection of Call Field Road, and Sikes Senter (correct spelling!) Mall, shopping areas, etc......

Near the mall within a block or so are:

Homewood Suites (by Hilton, nice place, free breakfast, but 100+ per night)

Doubletree Inn

Hawthorn Inn

Fairfield Inn

(These 4 hotels are argueably closer to the range than Remington and Holiday Inn, etc)

There are several newer chain restaraunts in the area as well (all near the mall, or off of Kell as you head to the range). Not everything around town is "downtown", or off of 287 (where the hotels everyone knows about are like Remington, Holiday Inn, Super 8).

Good Luck!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got off the Phone with the Hotel to find out what is going on. Big Computer Glich, got it strightened out this morning. THE MATCH HOTEL IS NOT FULL they have 70 plus rooms left. Call Direct and YOU HAVE TO USE THE CODE "TAP" We have most of the rooms blocked at this hotel and you got to use the code so they know your just not a walk on guest. Please e-mail me direct if you have a problem, i want to know.

Edited by scorch

I'm told by Robert Porter that we'll probably see stages posted at the end of this month (January)... He tells me that its going to be another fun match, with plenty of run and gun, but also with more long/tight shots this year than last year....

I'm told by Robert Porter that we'll probably see stages posted at the end of this month (January)... He tells me that its going to be another fun match, with plenty of run and gun, but also with more long/tight shots this year than last year....

long/tight shots? OH great, looks like we will have to use that bump on the end of our guns!! I dont think that I used my sights once last year, run and gun kicks butt!!! Even though I dont remember seeing the sights I do remember the big smile on my face after shooting the hellaports!!! :P

Edited by JD40

No Real Tight shots- Still very little No Shoots, More 8" plates, and lots of Run and Gunning that we are famous for :D No Standards this year and No hell a ports ( but they make it back in a different configuratins in a few years.) Stages Will be Posted End of the Month. Theme this year is "Taledaga Nights" :lol:

Edited by scorch

No Real Tight shots- Still very little No Shoots, More 8" plates, and lots of Run and Gunning that we are famous for :D No Standards this year and No hell a ports ( but they make it back in a different configuratins in a few years.) Stages Will be Posted End of the Month. Theme this year is "Taledaga Nights" :lol:

Just call me Ricky Bobby and remember, if you are not first you are last!!

Great, now I have to go home and waste an hour and half watching the movie again when I could be practicing my reloads. I wonder what it would be like to practice with a cougar tied to my leg. Any GM's out there ever tried this with any success? Anyone ever shot a stage so fast that they felt like they were on fire? HAHA :P

Great, now I have to go home and waste an hour and half watching the movie again when I could be practicing my reloads. I wonder what it would be like to practice with a cougar tied to my leg. Any GM's out there ever tried this with any success? Anyone ever shot a stage so fast that they felt like they were on fire? HAHA :P

Never practiced with a cougar but was chased by a German Shepard once, does that count?

Shooting Single Stack, going to win this divison. Cause I talked to Tom Cruise today and he is going to help me with his magic :lol:

By the Way: PLEASE, PLEASE, Print your E-mail Adress VERY, VERY CLEARLY please include the dots and such. The uspsa system send you a pin # when we put you into the self squadding at the e-mail address you write down so you can squad yourself.

Edited by scorch