Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Championship

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's got to be the most creative use of TX Stars I've seen.... Methinks getting through those in clean shape will make Hell-A-Ports seem like a much more welcome challenge :D Of course... I have a hi-cap gun.... :D

At least we can take solace in the fact that Robert is shooting the match in SSD.... :lol:

Scorch,

Given the high round count and airline restrictions would it be possible to set up the match hotel to accept an ammo shipment? I ask only because I had a hotel refuse a package due to it being labeled ORM-D.

Thanks, Craig

Whoa, Stage 11, two rotating Texas Stars. Stage calls for 16 rounds. Better use my big stick and plan on a reload. :)

Please excuse my ignorance, but on Stage 9 overturning a table activates two "clap traps". What do these do? Is it a N/S target coming up in front of a shoot target, or a shoot target coming up behind a N/S, or what?

Thanks.

Bill

Whoa, Stage 11, two rotating Texas Stars. Stage calls for 16 rounds. Better use my big stick and plan on a reload. :)

Please excuse my ignorance, but on Stage 9 overturning a table activates two "clap traps". What do these do? Is it a N/S target coming up in front of a shoot target, or a shoot target coming up behind a N/S, or what?

Thanks.

Bill

If I'm not mistaken on what scorch means, usually these are a shoot target snaps upright, giving you a small amount of time to shoot it, then a no shoot that snaps in front of it. After the movement a small portion of the head is left. These targets are also called "beartraps"

I think Clap-Traps at DTC differ a bit from Beartraps...hope this paints an understandable picture. (Robert used these at DTC last year).

Beartraps have both the 'shoot' and covering 'noshoot' target starting on the ground, with the 'shoot' target appearing briefly as it rises from the ground before being covered by the 'noshoot' rising from the ground on the opposing side (the closing action looks like two hands clapping together).

Clap-Traps start with the 'noshoot' target covering the 'shoot' target while both are in an upright position. Upon activation, the 'noshoot' target briefly uncovers (falls forward of) the 'shoot' target before returning to cover it again. It's essentially the same exposure rate as a Beartrap, just from an upright position vs. rising from the ground position.

One word: SPEED. HOT, NASTY BAD-ASS SPEED.
Only 9 weeks and counting.

Oh gawd....its been snowing every freakin weekend..and today was the fifth match to be cancelled..

dryfiring is only going to get me so far... :angry: arrrrggghhhhhh

Squad 23 is looking good!!! Glade to see Steve joined the squad!!!!

Best choice. Hands down. We're gonna have a blast. Did you see our first stage? Stage 11. Counter rotating Texas Stars. What a hoot.

Did you see our first stage? Stage 11. Counter rotating Texas Stars. What a hoot.

Oh, crap! 2 stars at 8:00 in the morning??? I'm glad I signed up Limited instead of SS now! Maybe I ought to change that to Open?! Then again, what's the chances of me seeing the friggin' dot at 8:00am either? :blink:

Did you see our first stage? Stage 11. Counter rotating Texas Stars. What a hoot.

Oh, crap! 2 stars at 8:00 in the morning??? I'm glad I signed up Limited instead of SS now! Maybe I ought to change that to Open?! Then again, what's the chances of me seeing the friggin' dot at 8:00am either? :blink:

Caffeine, Mike. Lot's of caffeine. ;)

There's a Starbucks on the way to the range... :D "I'd like a Venti Americano, with 10 add shots, please....." :D:lol: I'll tell you, though - the dot just will NOT stand still after that.... ;):lol:

Clap-Traps start with the 'noshoot' target covering the 'shoot' target while both are in an upright position. Upon activation, the 'noshoot' target briefly uncovers (falls forward of) the 'shoot' target before returning to cover it again. It's essentially the same exposure rate as a Beartrap, just from an upright position vs. rising from the ground position.

Thanks for the good Comments All. Aim to please.

THis is Exactly right Joseywales, they are a Little Different than Bear Traps since only one Target is Moving. the trick is to get you gun off the table THEN turn it over :P

stg 11 does look like a spider monkey......doesn't it?

Edited by scorch

stg 11 does look like a spider monkey......doesn't it?

I'm pleased to have helped name what will no doubt be the most whined about stage at the match :D And, yeah, I think its a very appropriate name for the stage :D heh heh...

Definitely the most creative use of TX Stars I've seen :) It might be BIPSC, but it looks like a lot of fun to me :)

Thanks Dave for the name :)

Made a Few Changes to the Match info Page on our Web Sight here they are..

Sighting in Your Gun

There will be A LIVE FIRE AREA FOR SIGHTING IN YOUR GUN PRIOR TO THE MATCH. At only $10.00 per Mag shot (max 29 rounds) See the Match Director If You need to live fire.

Pets on Range

NO PETS on Range.... Unless you have Proper Eye and Ear Protections for them Also. We Don't want any Blind or Deaf animals going home from the Range. Our Insurance does not cover your pets, so be advised

Hey Dave, are you going to be the only person who gets to chrono this year?? :lol:

Great news for all the 'mouse-fart' reloaders coming to the DoubleTap Championship this year.

Robert has once again graciously (though reluctantly) nominated me as Match Chronographer.

Really do need a good character name here to do this role justice (Chronoman just lacks virility).

Maybe something along the lines of Oehler-ator, PACT-anator, or Skyscreenannihilator.

As with last year's match, I will be firing ALL ROUNDS to be chronographed at the chronograph...

(and didn't last year turn out to be a frikin' cameo role or what...got off two rounds...TWO DA*N rounds...geeez!).

"AT the chronograph"...hmmmm, maybe we need a new plan this year.

:D:lol::lol:

Edited by joseywales