Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Championship

I awoke this morning hoping it was Sunday so that I might sleep in. Alas but not to be, I have to work, people go hungry if I don't work. I had fun working the match(stage 8, magic man) and meeting so many shooters. Good bunch of folks. here is a list of what I learned.

1. Make sure of your hotel reservations, stranges things can happen.

2. If you pack for a monsoon, you get warm weather.

3. Pop Up tents should be more than 5"10" tall.

4. Cover your pistol, even if it is with gradma's shower cap with the flowers.

5. If at all possible, have a back-up pistol. Same for mags and ammo

6. Have an open mind and open eyes and you can learn alot.

See you next year!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another lesson MAPBLAST/MAPQUEST SUCKS....Missed our flight this morning....should have been in Birmingham, AL at 9am instead I am here in Houston waiting on then next flight at 2:25pm...arrival in B'ham at 4:15pm!!!! But the Beer is COLD and the burgers at Pappas Burgers are SUPER !!

Thanks again to Robert and the staff for a Great match will DEFINATELY be back next year!!!!

It was great meeting and Shooting with everyone on Squad 15, (sorry about the little outburst on the table stage). I know we had at least 9 guys/gals that got one of those COOL trophies!!

Randal

RESULTS ARE UP!!!

H.

RESULTS ARE UP!!!

H.

Gaaaah!! Billy, you sonofagun, you beat me by 1.2%!!! I never should have helped you clean your mags!!!!!

:) Congratulations, I'd like to point out that he also did this shooting minor in L10.

H.

Scores are up on the Double Tap Web Sight as of about 12:15 Monday. The dust was better than Mud. Mud really jams up a mag. We put the Chemical on the dirt to cut down on the dust, but does not work to well after a rain or two and 269 folks walkinig around on it. Next years PLAN is to Have the Middle shades done. going to be 14' wide and 350' long and work on the irragation system to get grass growing on the Bays to cut the dust.

Bad news Bird Dog, guess the score keeper can't read, you are still in U class. Sorry.

We "Dodge the Bullet" it is Raining Here today (monday)

Edited by scorch

I placed in U Limited? I am a C class now, and I changed it on every form as instructed! They better have made the change in their systems. :angry:

I am happy to have gotten a trophy, but I really hope it was for C class.

Did you post your changes on the sheet marked "Changes" on the outside of the stats shack?

Scores are up on the Double Tap Web Sight as of about 12:15 Monday. The dust was better than Mud. Mud really jams up a mag. We put the Chemical on the dirt to cut down on the dust, but does not work to well after a rain or two and 269 folks walkinig around on it. Next years PLAN is to Have the Middle shades done. going to be 14' wide and 350' long and work on the irragation system to get grass growing on the Bays to cut the dust.

Bad news Bird Dog, guess the score keeper can't read, you are still in U class. Sorry.

We "Dodge the Bullet" it is Raining Here today (monday)

Is there a new link to the results page? I go to the DTR home page and click on results. Only 2005 and 06 show up.

Robert, thanks again for a great match. As before it is one of the most fun matches of the year. Even the dust was less than last year so thanks for your efforts on that too.

ROs were great and the stages creative. We are already marking the calendars for next year.

Craig

Is there a new link to the results page? I go to the DTR home page and click on results. Only 2005 and 06 show up.

They're there. Make sure you're not viewing a cached version of the page... ;)

Dittos, Robert and his staff did an excellent job again this year! The people were great and the stages were really fun (thank goodness the hell-a-ports didn't make a comeback) - I can't wait for next year, it just keeps getting better and better.

They're there. Make sure you're not viewing a cached version of the page... ;)

I have cleared everything out, tried manually typing the link instead of a saved link, and still no 2007 results show. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I was surprised at the few number of SS shooters, you guys being is Texas and all!!

Shooting SS in this match is almost as bad as shooting revo in this match... :lol: L-10 was bad enough last year...

Try hitting refresh when you are on the results page

If that doesn't work, ctrl + refresh should.

Thanks, that worked using ctrl + refresh.

Craig

Next year is: Survivor DTR

Hopefully that doesn't mean that the shooters cannot bathe or we have to eat a cockroach at the buzzer. :huh:

Craig

I was surprised at the few number of SS shooters, you guys being is Texas and all!!

Shooting SS in this match is almost as bad as shooting revo in this match... :lol: L-10 was bad enough last year...

I shot SS at the Florida Open, I ain't Skerd!! :wacko:

Great match indeed!

I wasn't able to go last year, so I made sure I got to go this year. I'm already making plans for next year's match. Yup, its that good. :)

"Survivor" DTR match? Oooh... I'm excited already. Besides the usual things, do we bring an axe and flippers instead of the usual rain gear and mag brush? :D

To all the DTR crew, Thanks so much for a great match!

And to my shooting buddies in squad 13, thanks for all your support, specially to the one that lend me an extra fiber optic tube.

' nice shooting with you all and ' hope to shoot with you guys again next year. see ya!

Great match indeed!

I wasn't able to go last year, so I made sure I got to go this year. I'm already making plans for next year's match. Yup, its that good. :)

"Survivor" DTR match? Oooh... I'm excited already. Besides the usual things, do we bring an axe and flippers instead of the usual rain gear and mag brush? :D

And to my shooting buddies in squad 13, thanks for all your support, specially to the one that lend me an extra fiber optic tube.

' nice shooting with you all and ' hope to shoot with you guys again next year. see ya!

Hey, I was on 13 too!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a fun squad.

Craig

Great match indeed!

Craig

Hey I was on squad 13 also, Had fun with you guys.

Hey Guys We are Already working on and have come up with a few soultions to the Stat/award problem this year. It came from a non shooter during the RO debreifing and is SO GOOD i called roger today at USPSA to try to get it incorported into the next version of easy win score and on top of it all its K.I.S.S. ready!

Once again THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT COMMENTS look forward to seeing you all next year and remeber get your entry in early after Jan 2, 2008

Edited by scorch