Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bj On Tv

TRNinTX

They really underrate his accomplishment:

He's currently ranked as a "grand master", an honor given to only the top five percent of shooters in the country.

Assuming they are talking about open, the correct figure is .8%, not 5%. If they are talking only about classified shooters, rather than shooters with classifications on file, the total rises to 2.43%. Either way it's nowhere near 5% - and certainly not "5% of shooters in the country"

Assuming they are talking about open, the correct figure is .8%, not 5%. If they are talking only about classified shooters, rather than shooters with classifications on file, the total rises to 2.43%. Either way it's nowhere near 5% - and certainly not "5% of shooters in the country"

If you need an average of 95% to make GM, perhaps that's where they got the number from. Easy mistake for someone not familiar with the sport. I think it would still sound impressive to the average viewer. Positive stories about IPSC are few are far between so I'll cut them some slack on the details.

I totally misread the title, I need to take my brain for a shower.

Good job BJ and kudos to the station as well!

Got you to click the thread, didn't it? :D

A 1.96 Roundabout off a 1.0 draw is pretty sporty. Nobody's ever put 4 runs under 2 at the match, but they're getting close..

They really underrate his accomplishment

My thoughts exactly, but still positive press. BJ embodies every aspect of the sport... professionalism, committment, great attitude (and also all that speed, accuracy, and power stuff :D )....

A pleasure to be around and certainly a strong spokesman for all of us.... ;)

I know this is a little late for congratulations, but it makes me super happy to finally see a sports center from one of the news channels reporting a positive piece on our sport. The made this piece so positive that I am in shock (but definetely happy).

Congratulations BJ! :) You are the first to place our sport in a positive limelight. I wish for other TV stations to do the same. :rolleyes:

Excellent news piece!!

This is a great reminder of how important it is to get the local media out to cover our shooting events. The national news people may be strident anti-gunners, but the local folks are usually hungry for interesting stuff to put on the air!

Great job B.J., Tim, and everybody else involved in scoring this wonderful P.R. coup for our sport.

Edited by Carmoney

Thanks everyone. But the real thanks needs to go to Kevin Berns, the actual Sports Director for the station, who came out and interviewed and shot the footage. BJ gave him some instruction and let him shoot a couple of runs on Roundabout while he was there.

The guy had a great time and was very excited to cover BJ and wants to do a follow up after the Challenge. There was actually a lead in story on the 6:00 news and the link is coverage on the 10:00 news.

Edited by TRNinTX