Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ccf Raceframe

rstandley

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not totally sold on the idea. After all, comparing a Glock open gun to anything from Rusty Kidd really isn't fair. That said, I'm not ruling the idea out completely. It could be used (for me) for GSSF and steel.

Rich

I'm pretty sure that no CCF Race Frames are going to be allowed to compete in GSSF. Gotta use a Glock receiver at a minimum.

• 2 months later...

well its been to long since I have been out here, sorry i have been away in the lab creating .

my latest project a ccf framed caspian slided open pistol was a great success. this is the third ccf frame I have had the privialage of tinkering with

let me say that these frames once understood will be the next step in the open gun "Glock " platform evolution.some things to remember when building up your open pistol. the bridge cut is higher when they come from the factory. I took this one down to stock specs and this was the diference that realy makes this platrorm realy awsome. also I corected the stroke by cutting back the frame rearslide stop by the diference of the shoke buff.once I got the timming right on this pistol all things were as they should be in the realm of functionality.

let me tell you this gun was one I didnt want to ship out because I wanted to keep it for my self. its heavy maybe to heavy for my style of shooting but that is another project. this project was to prove that a open gun could be successfully be built from scratch with all aftermarket parts. its out there almost every thing i used was modified or totaly aftermarket.

the only things I used from Glock were the channel liner ,cups, chanel spacer, and rear pin. everything else was after market some were modified stock parts

this thing shot perfect from the first shot and the acuracy is as good as any thing I have seen..750" @25y from the bench. this thing was supper soft and totaly flat

to make a long story short I realy like these frames and one will be in my very near future. getting tired of letting the ups man take the perfect un glocks

away from me.

Johnnie

No issues with the CCF frames using the older style locking block? Or is that not an issue with it being pinned to a solid frame?

Hommie,

the block is so tight and the frame so ridgid there is no flex at the point of unlock. I shot several hundred rounds thru this gun and the other 2 and noticed no sign of peining. the big deal for me was lowering the bridge down so the barrel top dosent rub. and that the barrel is in the corect location to accept rounds from the magazine. this is more a timming issue than anything else. I have spoken to ccf and I think they will return the block to stock specs to correct this issue.

if they dont just drop the top surface .010" and then start your fitting process. I believe this will most likely only affect fitted barrels with caspian slides as all the dimensions are set up on the lower side of specs .

trying to get a pic up but the file is to big any one know how to shrink a jpeg file in vista?????

I will have my glock 35 CCF lower with caspian upper back from the smith in a couple weeks. Im using a KKM barrel. Some slight modifications had to be made to the lugs on the barrel, other than that, no problem. I shot this with my stock upper before I sent it off, and it is awesome to say the least. ill get a range report as soon as I get it back.

what kind of shock buffs did j. nagel use?? thanks...

I used the shock buff as suplied by CCF with some diferences in the set up.

the first thing I did was use a flat wire spring cut back to prvide the proper stroke .

the second thing and most important was to cut the frame stop back so the spring stops the slide at rearward travel with out poping the frame.

This is how the original platform is set up . other wise the slides would eat up the frames.and the primary reason Glock uses a flat wire set up.

I didnt notice any contact with the buff and frame and think it will work out but time will tell. I think CCF is going to come out with there own buff made of a stronger material. If I made a buff from scratch I would use delrin but still cut the frame back to maintain the stroke of the slide as close to stock specs as posible. Maybe CCF will read this post and make the neccisary adjustments???? time will tell

John