Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ccf Raceframe

rstandley

Well, with the addition of my new job, and racerba trading me my G17 slide for his G22 slide, I will be ordering one of these frames in the next few days while they are still $299. If it works out, I'll tell you all about it. If it bombs, I'll tell you all about it ;)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my tracking email from UPS - 2 days for me as well.

I was kinda hoping it would be Monday so I could avoid the temptation to mess with the new toy until I'm done shooting Open classifiers this Sunday...

I promise not to paint mine blue, but, I do have about 9' of 3M Pool & Patio tape left. Those 5-yard rolls last a long time.

:wacko:<_<:blink:

You know, they make medication to fix that Chris.

This will be my setup once the pieces come together:

-CCF Stainless frame

-Glock 22 slide

-Stock barrel

-My extra RS trigger bar with the Vanek 3.5# connector and safety plunger

-My personal work on the striker and cruciform

-Heinie rear and Dawson optic front sights (same as my Prod gun)

-Stock extended mag release and no magwell

-TruGrip

I think that one blue gun will be enough (for now :devil: )

I have serial # 500 stainless frame. Shooting with 35 slide. Barrel lockup is perfect. Huge difference when compared to stock. 50 yd groups much tighter for me. Weight difference really helps to dampen major 40 loads. Using a speedsec holster with good results. My kydex holsters don't seem to fit just right. Tough to get them out on the draw. I think the trigger guard difference is what is causing the problem. Highly recommeded.

The shock buf that comes with the frame is shredding in no time. I already gone through one with about 300 - 400 rounds. glad I bought extra.

tom

Do you think that Stainless frame would work on a New Ghost Holster?

Also, I can't use the stainless from for a G35? I really want the extra weight and Brownells is all out of aluminum frames.

Edited by Coolduckboy

Do you think that Stainless frame would work on a New Ghost Holster?

Also, I can't use the stainless from for a G35? I really want the extra weight and Brownells is all out of aluminum frames.

CCF doesn't recommend it...although I have a feeling that it is simply for CYOA purposes.

Glock doesn't recommend disassembling your slide or frame :goof:(cyoa!)

Weighs 43oz with no mag: about 2oz less than my Open STI/Aimpoint gun. Probably won't shoot it till next week. Bottom of the grip could be narrowed to fit an aftermarket magwell - I'll wait & see what CCF offers, be nice if it attaches to the grip insert.

Trigger action feels totally different - straight back, no flex, no monkey business. 100x better than stock. More like the SA trigger of a CZ or Sig. Love the beavertail, pretty much zero chance of cutting your thumb on the slide. Front rail looks totally Mall Ninja now:

post-354-1185504317.jpg

post-354-1185504332.jpg

post-354-1185505233.jpg

Edited by eric nielsen

Weighs 43oz with no mag: about 2oz less than my Open STI/Aimpoint gun. Probably won't shoot it till next week. Bottom of the grip could be narrowed to fit an aftermarket magwell - I'll wait & see what CCF offers, be nice if it attaches to the grip insert.

Trigger action feels totally different - straight back, no flex, no monkey business. 100x better than stock. More like the SA trigger of a CZ or Sig. Love the beavertail, pretty much zero chance of cutting your thumb on the slide. Front rail looks totally Mall Ninja now:

post-354-1185504317.jpg

post-354-1185504332.jpg

post-354-1185505233.jpg

Eric:

Still waiting on my barrels. Caspian slide is the sh*t.

Meantime shooting with the 17 slide. Awesome is all I can say.

Best regards,

Jim

The grip is better without the grooves. I'll probably dish out the left side a little bit where my 3 fingertips go - enough to make it round & smooth. Same thing I did to my sti.

Found the Krebs magwell that DP40 wouldn't take for free [says i stole it from... never mind] - like that it weighs 46oz, guess it's made of steel. Actually fits pretty well, except a mag will still slam into the back of the factory bevel. Looks cool though.

post-354-1185509428.jpg post-354-1185510539.jpg

Edited by eric nielsen

I talked with IDPA today. The frame is legal for ESP as long as you use a G34/35 length slide. Is not legal with a G17/22 slide. My concern is whether or not it will make weight with a G35 top end. 43 oz. without mag will not.

Eric are you certain about the weight? If so then a G34 top end might work. I have a certified scale that I will weigh the two top ends with.

Yes - right on 43oz. With a stock 15-rd mag it weighs just under 46. That's with the stock plastic captured recoil spring too. The G34 slide is lighter, might save a fraction with smaller sights.

I think you could easily take several ounces out of the frame by drilling/milling big round holes in the frame, like a Para or old Caspian hicap frame. For uspsa i'd like to try that plus some way to put a steel or tungsten rod up front, to shift the balance forward a tiny bit. Right now it sits on your support-hand index finger with no mag, sits on your strong-hand middle finger with a full mag.

Like to find a secure way to put a plastic rear on a metal guide rod, to avoid the damage CCF warns about. Until then I'll use stock.

They told me the gun comes with pins so I didn't order a spare for the rear [ejector housing] pin, which is not included. So my plastic frame will have some jury-rigged pin in it for a while.

There's a little problem with trigger reset [easily cured] due to the longer rear frame rails. Depending on your trigger bar, you might never see it. Red Sharpie shows where the crook in the trigger bar makes contact with a corner of the frame. Once I'm sure I like the gun, I'll round that corner off & polish it:

post-354-1185555649.jpg post-354-1185555669.jpg post-354-1185555677.jpg

Last photo shows the triggers in reset position. Even though the plastic frame also touches the bar prior to reset, it was never a problem. Metal-on-metal = problem. Drop of oil has it going for now. CCF really needs to fix this before they sell these to a lot of cops.

Edited by eric nielsen