Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Star

This morning Benny Hill and I went to the Comanchie Ranch to deliver some stuff and do some practice on thier very nice new range. About mid morning we were razzing Benny about being old and over the hill. His reply was"Oh yeah, watch this". Then he proceded to clean a texas star with 5 slugs, at a cool 100 yards. Ever see a peacock strut with a limp.-------Larry

Yeah, but does Benny know the correct breechface angle of an unladen sparrow? The shooting is just the usual parlor trick to baffle y'all with bullshit. :ph34r:

Is that an African or European sparrow??

By the way, that performance with slugs at 100 yards would have me standing there with my mouth open! Impressive shooting is an understatement!

Edited by Dan Sierpina

I think Benny's breachface had about 2 or 3 degrees positive angle toward those plates and I know for a fact he was square with the table when they served lunch.-----Larry

:D:D:D

Yeah, but does Benny know the correct breechface angle of an unladen sparrow? The shooting is just the usual parlor trick to baffle y'all with bullshit. :ph34r:

Right you are.. ;)

I hate to see one of my best friends in the world reduced to doing parlor tricks for his lunch! Maybe if he would get back to work on Mikes shotgun he would earn enough to feed himself. As for the shooting......well....I know I'm usually 1/4 second faster than Kelly :lol: KurtM

Hill Drill?

:D

I like it! Let's make it official and use it as a stage. The Hill Drill: Texas Star at 100 yards, Virgina Count.

Yes you can....if it is a "Standard."

"Man's got to know his limitations." <_<

As long as I don't have to reload, I think I can get Jeff by .03 :lol:

Erik

Maybe on your 10th run, this aint no side match, you got to do it on demand, I see alot of tore up tTexas stars in the near future, slugs are brutal and nothing down range at 100 yds is safe. Forget the Virginia count though, I never liked it, life is Comstock, deal with it!

jc

Who is this Virginia and why is she hanging out at all these matches?

Here is a good skill tester 8 clay birds at 8M, 1M apart, unloaded start with SLUGS. So far my best is way faster than Benny or Kelly and down right close to Jeff, who should be practicing this little drill as he WILL see this material again around September 4th or so!! HINT!!! ( don't know about the unloaded start but the rest is absolutely correct )

For the record and for those that care...

In USPSA:

- Viginia count = all paper.

- The defining characteristic of a "Standards" is more than one string.

Anyway...

Sounds like a good time. Anybody know how well the TXstar will hold up to slugs at 100y?

Who is this Virginia and why is she hanging out at all these matches?

Here is a good skill tester 8 clay birds at 8M, 1M apart, unloaded start with SLUGS. So far my best is way faster than Benny or Kelly and down right close to Jeff, who should be practicing this little drill as he WILL see this material again around September 4th or so!! HINT!!! ( don't know about the unloaded start but the rest is absolutely correct )

OK, so what time are the masters doing this in?

Unloaded start, gun at side in strong hand around receiver safety off ( ipsc option 3 start I believe) 9.36 seconds best, always under 10.3

Loaded, 2.45 seconds best. KURTM