Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Guns!

Chris Keen

My vote was for the XD. Im planning on getting one when i get home from Iraq. Im in the market for a new nightstand gun and i'll use it for production also. My other option is for a CZ SP-01, IF they would make it in 40S&W.

If I wasn't so heavily invested in Glocks I would send a 5" XD in 40 to Canyon Creek for the full treatment. I have shot one a little and it is OMG nice! I would also really like to try an SP01 from Matt or Angus.

Glock 17.

I love it because it is cheap, reliable and it does what it needs to do.

Install some good sights and the 3.5lbs. connector and you can play about any game with it except Revolver Divisions.

I bought an XD9 to replace my Beretta Vertec 9mm & like it so much that I bought an XD45. Now if someone would make some mag extensions it could replace my Para. I will probably save the Glock I just won for GSSF matchs since that is where it came from. It may need a shorter version so I can shoot more than 1 division.

I suppose I dont have to say it out loud, since most folks here already know .......... but I shoot Glocks. B)

I played around in Open with a Glock 24 before I switched over to Production in which I shoot a used G17. Never saw the need for the 34, but to each his own. If I was buying a new Production gun instead of the used one I found I would probably get a 34.

I hav a G19 for home / carry, and I shoot LTD / L10 with a wild looking G35! :rolleyes: Although recently I've been shooting LTD / L10 with my 17 declared minor. It's cheap, it's soft, and it's more trigger-time for Production. ;)

Never once have I been bitten by a glock slide, and I've owned 5 of 'em. :huh: I guess everybody's different.

I have a Glock 34 and an XD 40 , 5inch. Have been shooting both quite a bit . I like the XD better. Better trigger. (Canyon Creek) . (The Glock has one of Ralph's triggers.) The XD points better for me anyway.

I've really fallen in love with my CZ 75BD for Production. I started out with my Beretta 92G Vertec and switched to the CZ. I like it so much, that I think I'm going to get an SP-01 Tactical (which will also work for Limited or Lim10). Very accurate, very stable (for me)...a great shooter.

Jim