Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I always find these attempts to label people amusing. :P

Yes, of course, these folks think I'm a conservative. I only ranked 100% on the economics part becauce they asked the wrong questions. I could have easily set the economic HHF of 150% if they had asked me the right questions.

"Should we abolish the (privately owned) Federal Reserve and back the US dollar with gold?"

"Should we abolish the IRS and have everyone pay the same percentage of flat tax?"

I believe that the term currently in vogue for dinosaurs like me is "Paleo-con". :lol::lol:

I tend to agree with Sam & Larry, wrong questions

That said, I am a Libertarian/Conservative.

I don't like the ID Card, I think there might just be a need to regulate drug use to some level and also when you say sex between consenting adults, there can be lines that just should not be crossed.

Drop barriers to international trade? Sure, just as soon as everyone else decides to play by the same set of rules.

There probably should be a draft. Military Service or Public Service, but unless you a drooling fool, you should give a year or two. Your choice maybe on where you go and what you do, but go you must. If you don't serve, you don't vote. Or own property, or collect welfare or...

Cut taxes and spending? Good idea, maybe a better idea, based upon the GDP of a period two years past, the government can budget X% and the tax rate will be flat at Y%to raise the required money. Too simple an explaination of course, what might work would be a combination of a flat tax on income, a flat tax on wages, and a VAT on each transaction, REGARDLESS of whether you export the product or not. The sale is a part of the GDP.

Then again, what do I know about economics.

Jim Norman

I already know I am a card carrying libertarian, I just didn't think I would be at the top of the class. I guess I don't like ID cards at all ;-)

That said, s'truth that the questions are about as loaded as they come.

Conservative libertarian who votes republican was once a vegetarian who opposed nuclear test facilities, surfing/drug artist, now fretful hatist of liberal idioms. Embrace the change.

I was surprised to be in Libertarian, but comforted to be one square away from the far right. I suppose this is only because I wasn't asked about guns. There is no way to know where you stand with this simple quiz, the world is a whole lot more complex than that. There are also strategic alliances and morality of convenience to consider in real world politics.

Edited by fomeister

Holy shit - I'm not sure I want to share my results, don't hate me, kay - this thang says I'm a LIBERAL!!!!

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal

matters, but tend to support significant government control of the

economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"

to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation

of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,

defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action

to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%.

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 10%.

(Please note: Scores falling on the Centrist border are counted as Centrist.)