Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kytac

jacobjrl76

ok fellas, i got a cr speed belt some mag holders. now i am working on a holster, I like the Kytac holsters, but when i go to the web site I can not find how to order online and when I call, I get a recordering! Help, How did yall get yours ?

would avoid Kytac unless you want your check cashed then numerous e-mails ignored. Go Blade-Tech or comp-tac.

+1 there is no better quality gear or a finer person to do business with than Gregg at Comp-Tac.

I've read enough trouble stories about delivery problems that I'd never pay in advance to kytac, but the same people (even small dealers) who complain about serious delivery issues still say he makes some of the best/fastest kydex holsters. That says alot to me. I happen to shoot at one of the monthly matches he regularly shoots and he seems like a decent person, but I'd still only pay upon delivery with a limited time (a month or something mutually agreed up-front) for delivery.

A buddy just paid him (in advance) for a holster and 4 mag pouches; I hope it goes well or it won't be pretty when Mr. Elderton shows up for local matches. He (the buddy) is much harder to ignore than an email or phone call.

Edited by 1911user

Ok, fellas, help me one more time. The holster that I was interested in was the point.5. I am shooting a Springfield xd in 40 and 9mm. I have two diffrent barrel lengths, 4 and 5. I like the point.5 because it is small and open (at the barrel end) very much like a fobus. The blade-tech and comp-tech websites I looked at all had holsters that were closed or for a specific length. Perhaps I am overlooking the model.

I am currently using a fobus paddle and the only thing that I do not like is that it flips sometimes. Opens like a clam between the paddle and the holster. I also have a XD Gear holster, but it is too sticky on the draw, and I have the tension screw out all the way.

thanks fellas

Kytac gear is very good...I just got a couple more mag pouches and the quality is good..took a couple of weeks..

I have used his SH2 holster and pouches and it is a fast setup...like it a lot...

I have also used the CompTac and BladeTech gear..and have been happy with them too..

The belt slot of kytac is very tight on my cr speed belt. I shaved a litle bit of plastic to make the cr belt pass the loop. Good quality and fast on draw.

I didnt wait buying mine because I know he goes to SSC every year so i just waited and bought the holster and mag pouches. He always carry those things and sell it during the match. If you know of somebody going to SSC on the last weekend of April, then ask your friend to look for him and buy the H and MP for you.

Edited by BOGA

I have a Kytac SH2 and it does fit VERY tight on a CR Speed Belt. I also have a DOH Blade-tech.

If I were to start over, I'd get the blade-tech, dremel the holster area beneath the trigger guard to expose the bottom of the trigger frame. Then I would heat the area around the trigger and pound it flat to get rid of the "click lock" when holstering the gun. Voila, you just added the two best features from the Kytac.

You can also grind down the area below the ejection port a little more.

Love my Kytac attached to a Blade-tech dropped/offset belt loop. I modified the kytac because it just sat too high on my belt and drawing that G35 was difficult.

I have since heated and mashed the kytac belt loop in a little to bring the grip well within the 50mm rule.

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/KytacDOH.jpg

Ive never had any problems with Kytac. Dave has always been nice fairly easy to deal with. Ive ordered from him 3 different times and he has always delivered pretty close to when he said he would.

He makes some damn good gear and its what I currently use in Production. Im getting him to modify my Super Hooper holster to sit a little lower and I think he makes the fastest stuff for Production.

I would agree, great products and got mine as promised.

Ive never had any problems with Kytac. Dave has always been nice fairly easy to deal with. Ive ordered from him 3 different times and he has always delivered pretty close to when he said he would.

He makes some damn good gear and its what I currently use in Production. Im getting him to modify my Super Hooper holster to sit a little lower and I think he makes the fastest stuff for Production.

I run David's stuff now. I really like it and living across the street from him may have helped in my transactions, but he was always fast and so are his holsters. With that said, I am going to endeavour into a CZ SP01 in the near future and I think I will get the Blade Tech DOH. Nothing against Dave's stuff, I just really like the offset, adjustability, and lower position.

Mike

Mike,

Im sending one of Dave's SH holsters back to have him set it lower. He told me it wouldnt be a problem. The only issue I had with it was that it sat too high and after having shoulder surgery, it was a pain pulling it to my armpit all the time.

I run David's stuff now. I really like it and living across the street from him may have helped in my transactions, but he was always fast and so are his holsters. With that said, I am going to endeavour into a CZ SP01 in the near future and I think I will get the Blade Tech DOH. Nothing against Dave's stuff, I just really like the offset, adjustability, and lower position.

Mike

hey..when you get your SP01..can you walk it across the street to him..so he can make a SH2 holster.. :D:D thanks

HAHAHAHA.. I will get it to him to make a mold. I'm not big on the retention system of the blade-tech. I know you can heat it up and nock it out, but why mess with it? That is the dilema.. I love having these problems, cause it means I'm getting new toys!!!.. :) :)

Mike

HAHAHAHA.. I will get it to him to make a mold. I'm not big on the retention system of the blade-tech. I know you can heat it up and nock it out, but why mess with it? That is the dilema.. I love having these problems, cause it means I'm getting new toys!!!.. :) :)

Mike

Cool..thanks.. :D and let us know whe you get it...so I know when to call him up..

Edited by eerw

If I were to start over, I'd get the blade-tech, dremel the holster area beneath the trigger guard to expose the bottom of the trigger frame. Then I would heat the area around the trigger and pound it flat to get rid of the "click lock" when holstering the gun. Voila, you just added the two best features from the Kytac.

You can also grind down the area below the ejection port a little more.

i cut down the area that covers the bottom of the trigger guard, and that makes a big difference on the draw grip. but i didnt think i could do anything about the click lock feature (besides loosening the screws a bit, which isnt the best option because then the gun is a bit loose in the holster). i may try your trick to flatten out the lock.
Love my Kytac attached to a Blade-tech dropped/offset belt loop. I modified the kytac because it just sat too high on my belt and drawing that G35 was difficult.

I have since heated and mashed the kytac belt loop in a little to bring the grip well within the 50mm rule.

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/KytacDOH.jpg

that's a good idea too. i have a comp-tac holster that really holds the gun well...tight, but with a smooth draw b/c the lock is better than the blade-tech. when i get home i'll see if i can attach the comp-tac holster to the blade-tech belt attachment.

thanks for the tips...

+1 Steve

It seems that at best you will be in for a crapshoot with Kytac gear. Not so much from a quality standpoint but from your chances at getting your product within a reasonable amount of time following YOUR PAYMENT!

Read this for more info.

Kytac Thread

A buddy just paid him (in advance) for a holster and 4 mag pouches; I hope it goes well or it won't be pretty when Mr. Elderton shows up for local matches. He (the buddy) is much harder to ignore than an email or phone call.

Ya think???;)