Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kytac

jacobjrl76

Man, I had no idea there were so many mixed opinions out there ! I emailed and called him about two weeks ago. I have not had any response from him, I think he may have good gear from what I hear, but I am not going to do business with someone who hasn't returned any communique. I hope he doesn't get mad !, Thanks for the input fellas !

When I told him I wanted to make a setup for me, I asked him how long it would be, because Ive heard it sometimes takes a while. He said, "if it means the quality of my product would suffer, I wont speed up production." I promptly gave him my money and said, as long as you need.

I understand the customer service issues that some might have with him, but faster delivery of someone else's holster will cut your times HOW???

Ok, I hear a lot of yall speaking highly, but I have one very important question. HOW DO YOU TALK TO HIM ? As I said I have emailed and called him several times. The phone, all I get is an answering machine and it is the correct number because it is answered as kytac. The emails are going somewhere, I am using the adress on the web site. I don't know him personally, but if I can't communicate with him, how am I to know when it is suppose to get to me etc.

Thanks for the help, at least I know that I am not alone in communicating with him.

Jacob,

I and a couple of buddies tried to get his stuff some time ago. The best I can tell is that if you are in the neck of the woods where he may have to answer for where your product is then service seems to get exponentially better. If all you have is email and phone contact then it is a crapshoot.

On the idea that the Kytac gear is somehow so much better than other kydex products out there (Bladetech DOH, Comp Tac, Cen-Dex etc), pure sillyness. It seems to me Matt Mink, Emmanuel Bragg, etc do just fine with kydex rigs not made by Kytac. Kydex holster making is not exactly rocket science, there are other good choices out there with astronomically superior service.

My Kytac gear that I got after an extremely long, unreasonable wait, with lots of broken time lines and lame excuses was good, but IT WAS NOT BETTER than the Comp-tac gear that I got within one week after ordering it. Gregg at Comp-tac will do anything for his customers that he can, and if you're not happy for some reason, he will make it right.

Comp-Tac gear is custom made too, and it is made better and faster and is shipped quickly.

Edited by Steve J

Is this your opinion, or an ad for comp-tac?

-cause you already posted your opinion on this thread. Will you come back and re-post after every positive post about ky-tac? :wacko:

My Kytac gear that I got after an extremely long, unreasonable wait, with lots of broken time lines and lame excuses was good, but IT WAS NOT BETTER than the Comp-tac gear that I got within one week after ordering it. Gregg at Comp-tac will do anything for his customers that he can, and if you're not happy for some reason, he will make it right.

Comp-Tac gear is custom made too, and it is made better and faster and is shipped quickly.

Is this your opinion, or an ad for comp-tac?

-cause you already posted your opinion on this thread. Will you come back and re-post after every positive post about ky-tac? :wacko:

Mike, I'm sorry if more than one post bothers you. I see you have posted in this thread more than once. (I'll refrain from one of those smilies with the rolling eyes.) I doubt I'll post in this thread again, though I have every right to.