Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where's Eric(k) Warren?

Ok, I guess its time to come clean.

Truth is there never was an actual person named Eric Warren. You see BE was already retired from the sport when he started the forum. He wanted to get out and whip some of the young punks around the country so he invented EW as an alias. That way he could travel about competing and kicking butt plus remain the on-line sage we all know and love. He actually hatched this plan in the super secret moderators section years ago. At that time we created several virtual members such as Flexmoney, Pat Harrison, SiG Lady and Tightloop,,,etc. Evident that no one person could post that much!!! The only actual people that are moderators are Shooter Grrl and myself. But I'm only half real so it doesn't count...

The good news is that I believe there is a virus living in the system that calls it's self Eric 'The One' Warren. So if you log on one day and see raining binary then you'll know he is back!!!

:D:PB)

I believe y'all when you say there was never anyone named Eric Warren. However, I have met Erik Warren and I know that he is, in fact, a different person from the one called Brian Enos... unless Brian can metamorphose.

Edited by 300lbGorilla

I took a long break from shooting and from Brian's forums after burning out on both at the end of last year.

I'm going to try to practice and shoot a match this weekend, with an arm injury that could be either a minor annoyance or an end to my shooting. I shot one match a couple months ago, before this injury, but haven't practiced or dry-fired since last year.

Early this year I had a numb index (trigger!) finger that gave me a scare until a chiropractor took care of it. Weird how a minor back problem can affect the extremeties.

I was heavy into online poker for a while. I won a 2,400 person freeroll tournament but I'm not good enough to risk more than $1 or $5 on tournaments. The World Poker Tour was in Reno yesterday and I missed it.

To keep myself away from online poker, I bought an Xbox 360. Call of Duty 2 is an excellent single-player game, heavily influenced by Saving Private Ryan. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter is the shjt, worthy of its own post. I play it for hours on Xbox Live.

This winter I learned how to carve an alpine snowboard, riding one to five days a week. I made a couple movies and posted them here. Unfortunately, I was struck from behind one morning and now my strong arm may have a torn rotator cuff. I can't lift my arm above shoulder level.

JJ Racaza visited the area on a snowboarding trip. He's OK, but he's no GM snowboarder. And he needs to learn that, "Hey, watch this!" leads to certain doom.

Tuesday I went motorcycle riding and was surprised to see the arm injury had little detrimental effect. My brother and I had a great time until it started clouding up and getting late. Rather than take some nasty whooped-out trail back to my truck, I led us on another trail that took us nowhere and wasted time and daylight. Then we rode a nasty sand wash to a final hill climb that would take us back to my truck. My brother crashed on the hill and his (formerly my) bike would only run WFO when restarted. Just as I attempted diagnosis and repair, it started raining, and hailing, and snowing, and blowing wind, and getting dark. It was deja vu all over again. I insisted we abandon his bike but my idiot brother thought we could push it up this 45-degree hill. I could barely walk up that hill, let alone push 230 pounds of motorcycle up it with one good arm. We came back for his bike the next morning, hoping a flash flood didn't get it in the wash. We argued about where the location was (no GPS!) and I rode alone to find it exactly where I thought it would be. I fixed it as best I could (broken throttle cable housing) and rode it out. Fairly painless considering.

My nephews are visiting next week, and I'll try to get back into shooting and the forums after they are gone. Snowboarding season ends in a few weeks, too.

So that's what's up. Hope to be back soon.

You'd be surprised what Brian can do. Metamorphing is just the tip of that iceberg. B)

Gah, it takes real time and imagination to invent a bunch of characters the likes of which 3quartertime listed... myself included. I will not reveal whether or not I'm real. I know for a fact that Flexmanic is not real. :wacko::ph34r: He's been screwing with his speedometer... no one posts that much and lives to tell about it.

I'm also about ready to believe that all people named Erick are probably evil. <_<

Whatever. :P

Erik,

I feel your rotator cuff pain. Have lived through the injury on both shoulders, one at a time. First was a glamorous skiing accident during my days as a ski patroller. 2-1/2 years of PT and only arthritis as a reminder. Second time, other shoulder, in a decidely non-glamourous shower fall in a Colorado Springs hotel room. Doc said surgery was a 50/50 chance it might be better, never the same, so I opted again for PT and time. Took off shooting nearly 4 years as I couldn't raise my arm high enough to clear a holster. Now, eight years later, when I shrug that shoulder it soulds like someone shaking a box of rocks.

YMMV, but having seen a lot of fellow clinic attendees waiting for my therapist(s), think hard before having any surgery for rotator cuff injuries. The ones who snip and sews spent a lot of time immobilized and their outcomes were no better than those of us who went the whisky and bullet biting route.

Hope yours ends well...

Well I shot the match and it wasn't so bad. Worst was the classifier with the surrender start and strong hand only. I can't extend my arm out there. Won it anyway. :P Actually, doing a walk-through hurt worse than shooting. The best part was not having a miss or no shoot. (I did FTE a target but got a lucky reshoot.) No scratch that, the best part was whooping ong45's ass with my Limited gun.

I believe that he and EricW are the same person - and we only get to see one of them at a given time.... :D

Anybody that has ever seen me shoot knows that ErikW and EricW ain't the same person. (ErikW shoots better weakhanded than I do freestyle.)

Well I shot the match and it wasn't so bad. Worst was the classifier with the surrender start and strong hand only. I can't extend my arm out there. Won it anyway. :P Actually, doing a walk-through hurt worse than shooting. The best part was not having a miss or no shoot. (I did FTE a target but got a lucky reshoot.) No scratch that, the best part was whooping ong45's ass with my Limited gun.

how do you rate? when i shoot against him, he doesn't get 280 penalty points one a stage! what'd you do, read him a separate stage procedure? :lol: