Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would you build

Ice36

With the new JM 327 coming out, all the feedback has been interesting. But my thought is what would you build if you could to make the best USPSA\IPSC revolver. 

No idea on the "best," but I would like to see a basic 9mm like the 627 I have, steel frame and cylinder, a shorter barrel with no compensator, and a shorter barrel than the current 929.  I'd like to think it would bring the price down to around $1,000 street price like I've seen the 627s at local shops going for.  I think having a matching set of 8 shot guns in 357 and 9mm would be excellent, and I would buy one right away.

13 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I built it, a five inch 929.

Screenshot_20231121-215127.thumb.png.b38e1bf32f6dac82d579b435d10b67ba.png

I like,, big reason I traded off my 929 was the gawdawful nose heavy barrel.  I could have worked out the ammo issue and just made specialized ammo and kept it seperate from my 9mm auto... I mean 38 short is special,,, Coulda saved all my purple brass for revolver

Posted (edited)

I use everything the same (reloading setup including crimp), case, primer and powder for all of my 9mm.

929 I use the .357 0r .358 bullet.

They get dumped into separate buckets.

The larger bullets don't like my PCC much.

I actually like a bit more weight out front, but with the 'no comp' end.

Edited by Dr. Phil
spelling

8 hours ago, testosterone said:

Something nobody is making if i can ever figure out this cad software and regular life gives some time back to do so...

Oh yeah…

31 minutes ago, missed it by that much said:

Man I'm tempted to do this to mine. 

I had a vision of what I wanted, and after I paid a second guy to fix what the first guy ####ed up, it came true.

I used a Bowen front sight base, and an SDM Super Sight. And a Wiegand rear sight blade.

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 8:39 PM, ysrracer said:

I built it, a five inch 929.

Screenshot_20231121-215127.thumb.png.b38e1bf32f6dac82d579b435d10b67ba.png

929-1.thumb.jpg.dd3b7cdbb8c82b6e04118ddd0c1cbaed.jpg a similar thing, cut it done to 5" and removed most of the under lug. Took 4.5 oz off the nose and love it. 

Edited by Ice36