Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Jerry Miculek Model 327 WR

Might have to think about it if I didn't already have more 357s than descendants!

It says large frame but who knows with moons?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/18/2024 at 9:37 AM, Ice36 said:

It looks like an TRR8 but in 9mm, Its hard to value a gun through a picture but I do hope they make one more affordable 

They are making 1880, they will sell every single one immediately and they will be on gunbroker for 5k after that....

I hear you though....

56 minutes ago, testosterone said:

It is very sad that they are factory ported.

They’re going to make an unported one. They sent me a few of their guns a while back and I’ve tinkered, but haven’t spent a ton of time with them. They have an “upgraded” model- “executive” I think. It was better, but still not a smith. I’m curious to see how far they take it. They hired a guy with heavy revolver history so if they were going to build a better gun now would be the time. 

I have shot some of their 44 mag and 454 Casull guns. They are nice enough.

They kind of remind me of the Dan Wesson from the 80s. They are large and kind of blocky but I have heard that that Executive is pretty nice. 

Moon clips will probably be a decider.

3 hours ago, MWP said:

They hired a guy with heavy revolver history so if they were going to build a better gun now would be the time. 

Christ not the tractor mechanic from Phoenix, I pray.

15 hours ago, Alleycatdad said:

I dunno.  The QC on my 929s were so terrible I'm not sure I'll ever buy another new Smith, much less something that costs $3500.

SA

13 hours ago, Joe4d said:

at least not without looking at it first

I agree. I've looked at tons of them in the past 5 years. 

1 hour ago, rooster mcbee said:

I received an email ad from a gun store I've bought from before.  They were taking pre-orders at $2999.

Pass.

• 2 weeks later...

youd think the weight would be nice for 120 pf,, but I dont recall ever seeing a 325, or 327 at any type of action or steel challenge match.. 
Do they not hold up even with sub minor ammo ?

1 minute ago, Joe4d said:

youd think the weight would be nice for 120 pf,, but I dont recall ever seeing a 325, or 327 at any type of action or steel challenge match.. 

Mark Shumate at MCI shoots a 325 with optics in Open.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Joe4d said:

JD:

I have seen some U Tube videos of JM shooting what appeared to be a 327 at a major SC match.  Had the dual ports and looked very much like one.  I think they were popular for a short period of time before the drawbacks of the light weight frame became too much a PITA.

They certainly will hold up with any load you want to use but the question may be more if the shooter can hold up under the recoil without getting fatigued and making mistakes.

GG

Edited by gargoil66

1 hour ago, gargoil66 said:

JD:

I have seen some U Tube videos of JM shooting what appeared to be a 327 at a major SC match.  Had the dual ports and looked very much like one.  I think they were popular for a short period of time before the drawbacks of the light weight frame became too much a PITA.

They certainly will hold up with any load you want to use but the question may be more if the shooter can hold up under the recoil without getting fatigued and making mistakes.

GG

the 327 TRRB is 35 oz,, as heavy or more heavy than alot of production guns,, 
I cant see recoil being that much of an issue.  I wanted one and ended up with a pro series 686 steel gun that was close to same weight.. as the 327's were made of unubtanium at the time.
I did end up with a 3" 7 shot 386 I really like for trail riding. 
Have a hankering for a new revolver,, would like to find the thunder ranch 325  or a 4.25 66...  and shoot limited 6 or classic.. 

10 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

I cant see recoil being that much of an issue.  I wanted one and ended up with a pro series 686 steel gun that was close to same weight.. as the 327's were made of unubtanium at the time.
Have a hankering for a new revolver,, would like to find the thunder ranch 325  or a 4.25 66...  and shoot limited 6 or classic.. 

My experience with the TRR8 had nothing to do with recoil. My loads were 96 PF!

My trouble came from the overall weight compared to my 686Plus and my 929. I like a bit more weight on the front of the gun and the total weight seems (to me) to swing more smoothly. I tended to 'swing past' the targets a lot with the lighter gun. That's just me maybe.

I like the weight but I also have a ported 3" 44 mag that is more of a fun gun. I carried it on scouting trips, and 3D setups/matches in case of bears. (The black bears around here love to attack/chew/beat up 3D targets!) I bought it for the muzzle flash contest at our Halloween shoot. I won the first couple but lost... to a 500 S&W.

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Mark runs a 325 TR and I have one too.  Have used it in IDPA and thought about it in ICORE.  At some point you make another match let me know and I'll bring it out for you to play with.  Or even shoot the match with.